[Resolved] Add Organization to Ticket Views

• November 18, 2020 at 8:32 am #7059
      guyiac
      Participant

I feel like I must be missing something really obvious. Ticket Views include the user, but not the user’s organization. If your agents don’t know everyone on every account, that’s difficult. It would be great if Ticket views, and notification emails, included the user’s organization if one is listed for that user.

Is this possible? Am I in fact missing something really obvious?

• November 18, 2020 at 11:39 am #7061
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @guyiac,
      Technically this is an osTicket Core question. But let’s see if I can help you quickly.

Perhaps it is me who is missing something. From what I see the From column displays the Company Name, but if one is not configured then it displays the Contact Person field.

Is it possible that someone has modified the columns that display by default in your installation?

If so, go here:

Go to the columns tab, put a check beside Use standard columns and click Save.

Does this resolve your question?

• November 18, 2020 at 11:46 am #7062
      guyiac
      Participant

Thanks. Do you mean the Columns tab when you edit a queue? Because I don’t have the Use standard columns option, I just have an option to Inherit columns from the parent queue.

What am I missing?

• November 18, 2020 at 12:30 pm #7068
      stevland
      Keymaster

Oops, I forgot to include my screenshot in my last post.

It sounds like you are going to the Add Sub Queue. Don’t go there! Go to Edit.

Are we on the same page now?

• November 18, 2020 at 12:32 pm #7069
      guyiac
      Participant

no, I am going to edit. what do you see when you click on edit?

And no, it’s not possible that someone customized the view – I’m the only one with that kind of access.

• November 19, 2020 at 7:12 am #7077
      guyiac
      Participant

It’s weird. Now sometimes I see the option you described, and sometimes I see the option I described. But even when I see the option you described and do that, I don’t see Organization names in the From column.

Thanks for trying to help. I’ll go to the OSTIcket forum.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.