[Resolved] Adding languages break My Profile Page

• April 19, 2022 at 4:34 am #9969
      M
      BeckoningEagle
      Participant

I am going into the Admin Panel / Settings and adding “español (España)” as a second language.  After doing this, I go into My Profile / Preferences and set the  Preferred Language to “español (España)” and save the settings.

When doing this the page changes the language and everything changes to Spanish as expected. However, in the “Perfil de mi cuenta / Preferencia” page (My Profile / Preferences), all the different setting disappear and only Name, E-Mail Address, Phone Number, EXT, Mobile Number and Authentication options are displayed.  I am unable to change the language back to English.  The only way I can do so is to disable Spanish as the secondary language and then re-enabling it.  The user is then setup in English again.

osTicket v1.16.1 // osTicket-1.16.1-Awesome-101
      PHP 8.0.17 // MySQL 10.5.15 // Apache/2.4.53 (Debian) web server

• May 24, 2022 at 5:12 pm #10468
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @BeckoningEagle,

Thank you for the detailed explaination, which made it easy to reproduce the problem.

After investigating, I have come to realize that this is an issue with osTicket itself.

The problem exists in the unmodified vanilla osTicket demo I have here:

https://o8.osticketawesome.com/1.16.3/scp/profile.php#preferences

As soon as I enable Spanish as the default language for the current profile, the other profile functions do not work as expected. But this does not occur with other languages.

Hopefully the osTicket devs will recognize the issue and fix it soon. But you might decide to report it in the osTicket Forum, or on GitHub.

• May 27, 2022 at 7:42 am #10527

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.