[Resolved] Agent Department Role Error

• October 9, 2020 at 6:13 am #6963
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Hello, it seems that after implementing 

osTicket v1.14.3 // osTicket-1.14.3-Awesome-102a
      PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u9 // MySQL 10.1.45 // Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) web server

When you go to the admin panel and try to add permissions to the agent.  The role drop down does not work.  After pressing save and the page errors the drop down becomes enabled with the right values.  Previous added roles are changeable.

• October 21, 2020 at 1:57 pm #6982
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @cbotts,

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, I can not reproduce the issue you’ve described. I’m not entirely certain that I understand what you are trying to do from your description.

And actually it sounds like the type of thing that is unlikely to be an osTicket Awesome issue… it is probably an issue with osTicket itself.

So let’s rule that out first. Please go to the page where you have that issue. Now press SHIFT + O on your keyboard. You are now on the same page, but using vanilla osTicket. Now attempt the same operation. Do you still have the issue? If yes, it has nothing to do with osTicket Awesome. But let me know either way!

I also wonder if perhaps the account that you are logged into is not an administrator account and therefore doesn’t have permission to modify permissions for other Agents. But this is just a guess.

When you say that you are trying to add permissions and the role drop down does not work, it sounds like you are on the Access tab (Admin Panel > Agents > agent > Access). Is this correct?

Assuming I understand you correctly, you’ll see what I mean below… I can’t reproduce the issue on this end. In fact, I can modify and save all of the options in the Manage Agent area.

I will keep this open and await your clarification.

• October 21, 2020 at 2:11 pm #6984
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Yes your correct. Also my account is flagged as an administrator.

When I click add it places it in the list, but when I click the drop down it does not function.  Only after I hit save and get an error about no role assigned does the drop down work. I tested as you suggest by hitting shit + o and it works as normal in the osticket core. but does not work in osticket awesome.

I have also tried multiple pc and browsers.  

• October 21, 2020 at 2:32 pm #6986
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Here is a link to an mp4 that I recorded which it happening.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14DMy-CIPuf8JfRYUYwBaX-NmSDjqFIeW/view?usp=sharing

• October 21, 2020 at 4:02 pm #6989
      stevland
      Keymaster

Okay, I think I am a bit more clear on what you are saying.

It isn’t that Roles cannot be changed.

The issue is that you have to add the Department and hit Save Changes before you can specify the Role.

Whereas in vanilla osTicket you can add the Department and specify the Role in one step.

Are we on the same page?

• October 21, 2020 at 4:16 pm #6990
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Correct I assumed it was a possible bug since in the core osticket it can be done all at one visit.  

If you feel it’s working correctly I can work with it that way if needed

• October 22, 2020 at 7:04 am #6991
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Hello, we discovered that this happens in the manage ticket filters as well.

There is no away around that either as saving does not error.  It simply removes the added rule. 

Please advise 

• October 22, 2020 at 12:34 pm #6993
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Figured I would share the server info.

Server Information
      osTicket Version
      v1.14.3 (f4f5bc6) —  Up to date
      Web Server Software
      Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
      MySQL Version
      PHP Version
      7.0.33-0+deb9u9
      PHP Extensions
      gdlib
       Used for image manipulation and PDF printing
      imap
       Used for email fetching
      xml
       XML API
      xml-dom
       Used for HTML email processing
      json
       Improves performance creating and processing JSON
      mbstring
       Highly recommended for non western european language content
      phar
       Highly recommended for plugins and language packs
      intl
       Highly recommended for non western european language content
      fileinfo
       Used to detect file types for uploads
      zip
       Used for ticket and task exporting
      APCu
       Improves overall performance
      Zend Opcache
       Improves overall performance
      PHP Settings
      cgi.fix_pathinfo
       “1” is recommended if AJAX is not working
      date.timezone
       Setting default timezone is highly recommended
      Database Information and Usage
      Schema
      support (localhost)
      Schema Signature
      4bd47d94b10bd8a6bab35c119dadf41f
      Space Used
      24675.33 MiB
      Space for Attachments
      24168.58 MiB
      Timezone
      CDT (Interpreted as America/Chicago)

• October 27, 2020 at 6:28 am #7001
      C
      cbotts
      Participant

Hello, I just wanted to give more feedback,  The same issue is present in your live demo which is completely separate for our install.

I am going to assume this should now be confirmed as a bug within osticket awesome.

• October 27, 2020 at 6:01 pm #7002
      stevland
      Keymaster

You’re right. This is a significant issue. I’m surprised that this hasn’t come up sooner. Thank you for your persistence.

The glitch with drop down forms on both pages will be fixed in the next release. But for now, please open /osta/inc/staff-foot.html and change line 42 from

$("select:not(#timezone-dropdown):not(select#user-name):not(select#cc_users_open)").select2({

to

$("select:not(#access select):not(tbody#rules):not(.filters-page select):not(select[name^=\"rules\"]):not(#timezone-dropdown):not(select#user-name):not(select#cc_users_open)").select2({

And if you come across any other glitchy drop-down lists please do not hesitate to let me know.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.