[Resolved] Anything I do in the "Theme" section results in an error (403)

• July 8, 2020 at 7:54 am #6034
      A
      SVA.ltd
      Participant

I’ve bought OSTicket Awesome to replace the previous responsive theme I had for OS Ticket due to that no longer being supported.

I’ve installed everything as it should be according to the instructions.

I’ve searched the forum and worked through the troubleshooting, including running through all the directories and folders to set the 755 and 644 permissions as recommended.

Every time I try to do anything in the Themes section, I get taken to https://support.soveryapt.net/osta/css/themes/choose-theme.php with a 403 Error.

Forbidden
      You don’t have permission to access this resource.

There’s nothing obvious in the server error logs.

Theme Information

osTicket v1.14.2 // osTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-102

The current version: osTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-102

Your Software Environment

PHP 7.3.19 // MySQL 10.2.26 // Apache web server

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as presently, I can’t change the logo or anything on the site.

Thanks

• July 8, 2020 at 9:20 am #6036
      A
      SVA.ltd
      Participant

I have managed to make some basic tweaks with MySQL, however, I would still like to upload my own logo and set a custom theme, so I would still like assistance with this.

Thanks
      Andy

• July 8, 2020 at 1:35 pm #6037
      stevland
      Keymaster

I wonder if it may have something to do with lingering files from the previous theme.

I’ll suggest trying a clean install. Create a new directory (e.g. /support-new) and upload all of the osTicket Awesome files into it. Then copy over your ost-config.php and test.

Let me know if this does the trick or not.

• July 8, 2020 at 1:37 pm #6038
      A
      SVA.ltd
      Participant

I essentially did this to install it, but I will try again and see whether it fixes it and let you know either way.

• July 8, 2020 at 3:16 pm #6041
      A
      SVA.ltd
      Participant

Totally fresh install as suggested (apart from the config and my database) and it is still doing the same thing.

I even did a fresh download to make sure of that too.

Thanks

Andy

• July 17, 2020 at 8:40 am #6096
      stevland
      Keymaster

Are you running Ubuntu?

If so, please set the owner/group of the uploads directory to www-data

# chown -R www-data:www-data osta/uploads/

Let me know if this helps.

• July 21, 2020 at 5:55 am #6112
      A
      SVA.ltd
      Participant

Hi

I involved my datacentre team in the end.  Turns out whatever runs the Themes elements in OS Ticket Awesome was being flagged as malware.

They have gone over the elements involved to check they’re not, and subsequently whitelisted the elements so that the themes page now functions.

Not sure exactly which components it was that were being flagged, but wanted to feedback so you can look at any potential issues as I saw someone having similar issues on the forum.

Thanks
      Andy 🙂

• July 21, 2020 at 1:11 pm #6114
        stevland
        Keymaster

Hi @SVA.ltd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to report this. Unfortunately, I have no clue what could be triggering this. If you get a chance to ask your team for more information it would be very helpful. Cheers!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags