[In Progress] Attachment Inline Plugin doesn't work with PDF documents

• February 17, 2021 at 10:16 am #7418
      M
      swissmike
      Participant

Hi

Theme Information: osTicket v1.15.1 // osTicket-1.15.1-Awesome-101
      Software Environment: PHP 7.3.27 // MySQL 5.7.33 // Apache web server

The Attachment Inline Plugin dosen’t word in this Version. Wit images is everything fine, but not with a PDF in the attachment of a ticket. PDF documents doesn’t show in newest MacOS Safari browser. You will get always a grey screen and the browser crashes, so you can’t click anything else. Is this a bug in newest osTicket Awesome? With newest Firefox or Google Chrome everything works fine. Thank’s for your help.

Screenshot

And here a screenshot from the configuration menu of the attachment plugin:

Screenshot Configuration

• February 17, 2021 at 11:58 am #7419
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thank you for the report.

Please replace <span style="color: #008000;">/include/plugins/attachment_preview.phar</span> with this version.

You may need to then go to Admin Panel > Manage > Plugins and re-enable the Attachment Inline Plugin.

But either way, after that you should be good-to-go.

• February 17, 2021 at 12:36 pm #7420
      M
      swissmike
      Participant

Hi stevland

Thanks for the quick help!

Uploaded your file to my server and reactivated the plugin. Unfortunately it didn’t help, the problem is still there. I think it is a browser problem. Because on Google Chrome it works, but on Safari 14.0.3 for macOS it doesn’t. If anyone else has any ideas, I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I’ll try to work with Google Chrome, because everything works there.

Screenshot Safari with problem to show PDF:

Screenshot Safari

Screenshot Google Chrome, everything works fine:

Screenshot Chrome

• February 19, 2021 at 9:53 am #7440
      stevland
      Keymaster

After updating the plugin, did you clear Safari’s browser cache?

Unfortunately I do not have access to a Mac right now, so I can’t test MacOS Safari.

But I did try it on an iPhone and a PDF did preview in iOS Safari, although the preview sometimes did not load right away until I refreshed the page.

If clearing Safari’s cache doesn’t help, try the SHIFT + O keyboard combination to view the same ticket in vanilla osTicket. Does the PDF preview display as expected over there?

(BTW I highly recommend using Chrome on MacOS anyway. I think it is a crime that Apple keep promoting Safari. Either they should accelerate its development, or they should abandon it. But that’s my personal opinion, ymmv)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.