[Resolved] Attachments corrupt

• March 7, 2018 at 4:40 am #990
      stjernelund
      Participant

Hi,

I recently purchased osTicket Awesome for 1.10.1 and got it running smoothly. However, we have noticed that images/pdfs tend to get corrupt when trying to view/download them.

Install was on a clean fresh install of osTicket 1.10.1.

I tried installing and including the fs_storage plugin to avoid storing the images in the database, but it didn’t help. However if I copy a file from the attachments folder and rename it to the correct file format it works, so it seems the images are not physically corrupt in the system, they just fail to properly download when you click on the attachment.

I tried reverting back to the osTicket install and it can show attachments without issue, even as stored in the database.

Any ideas?

/Stefan

• April 30, 2018 at 9:45 am #1145
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Stefan,

I hope that it doesn’t sound like a cop-out, but it is definitely worth mentioning that I doubt that this issue is related to osTicket Awesome.

Assuming that your installation is in a directory called support, if you followed the installation instructions then your original osTicket installation will now be in a directory named support-old.

Please visit your original osTicket installation in your web browser and see what happens if you upload/ download attachments from there.

If the issue persists while you are using the original interface, I would recommend seeking help for this issue in the main osTicket Forums.

But if it does turn out that the issue is specific to your osTicket Awesome installation, do let me know and I will give it some more thought.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.