• July 26, 2016 at 1:59 pm #166

I see in the demo there are avatars, is it possible to make these actual pictures? We like the theme and think if we can have staff pictures as our avatar’s it would be great.

Thanks,

• July 26, 2016 at 3:48 pm #168
      stevland
      Keymaster

Excellent question, JCOLLINS005.

The osTicket devs added limited avatar support in the 1.10.x Release Candidates. At this time, each user is assigned a randomly-generated avatar that is a composite of different elements.

At this time, only the user his or herself can change the avatar. To do so, click the Profile link at the top of the page while logged into the Staff side. Then click the “Change” button.

Note, however, that this only generates a new, random composite. There is no function to upload and self-assign a photo a specific image.

This is a part of osTicket’s core functionality in v1.10-RC.x. All I’ve done with osTicket Awesome is make the available avatars more interesting (as least, in my own opinion).

Like I said, this is a new and rather limited feature. It does appear that there are plans to expand on this feature, which includes the ability to upload images directly to the osTicket installation and/or possibly by uploading them to the third-party service gravatar.com.

https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/issues/2436

Also note that this feature is not available and is not planned for v1.9.x.

One other possibility comes to mind if you would like to use staff photos right away, but it is contingent upon a couple of prerequisites:

1) You have more more than 10 staff members
      2) Your end-users (clients) do not log into the system

If these conditions are true, you could

a) open images/avatar-sprite-ateam.png in Photoshop
      b) replace the existing cartoon faces with your staff images
      c) delete everything below the faces, leaving the transparent background
      d) save, upload to your osTicket Awesome installation, overwriting the original
      e) have each of your users login, go to Profile and click “Change” until they arrive at their own photo

The reason you wouldn’t want to do this if you have clients using the ticket system is that each user would be assigned a random photo of one of your staff members. Which would be a bit weird, ya?

• January 5, 2018 at 3:36 am #347
      stevland
      Keymaster

BTW my prediction was correct. The avatar photos can now be assigned by binding an image to the agent’s email address through gravatar.com.

• January 13, 2018 at 9:24 am #534
      kkrumm
      Participant

This right here help me so much thank you @stevland !

• June 4, 2018 at 1:39 am #1253
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

Hello,

My ‘Change’ button is missing.

I’ve realized that it performs an AJAX call, so i checked that cgi.fix_pathinfo is already set to 1 at php.ini

It has been also tested on Firefox

These are my settings

What could be the cause?

Thanks in advance

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by aeromarine.
    • June 6, 2018 at 12:26 pm #1272
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thanks for your detailed report, @aeromarine.

That’s odd. 

My first suggestion would be to try another browser, but it sounds like you already have.

Can you please visit the profile page in Chrome and open Dev Tools > Console and see if there are any errors?

I notice that you are using IIS. Hey @kkrumm… you use IIS as well. Would you kindly check your profile page to see if the button appears on your end?

• June 7, 2018 at 5:06 am #1306
      kkrumm
      Participant

Yes, its the same for me as well. I thought the only way to change the avatar was through gravatar.com and linking the email address. 

• June 8, 2018 at 8:58 am #1310
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hey @kkrumm this is what it should look like:

https://osticketawesome.com/1.10.1/scp/profile.php

The button below the picture allows the user to create a new random composite. It is kind of like playing a slot machine. This is in lieu of using a profile picture through Gravatar.

Do you still have a vanilla osTicket installation on your server? If yes, would you mind looking at your profile page in the vanilla osTicket and letting me know if the button shows up or not? Thanks!

• June 9, 2018 at 6:35 am #1321
      kkrumm
      Participant

@stevland I’m not running vanilla. Just osticket v1.10.1 with Awesome v1.3. I logged in and still dont see it. 

• June 9, 2018 at 6:44 am #1325
      kkrumm
      Participant

Okay i think i see it now. My bad I needed to have this setting changed first Agents Settings -> Avatar Source: “Buil-In / Oscar’s A-Team”.

Now I have the option to flip through the avatar images.

• June 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm #1349
      stevland
      Keymaster

Ah, good work @kkrumm. Thank you for your help! That eliminates the possiblity that @aeromarine’s missing button is related to running on an IIS server.

@aeromarine
      , have you tried visiting the profile page in Chrome and open Dev Tools > Console and see if there are any errors?

• August 28, 2018 at 2:09 am #2082
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. Fixed when selecting Oscar’s A-Team built-in avatar option.

Thank you @svetland and @kkrumm!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.