[Resolved] Changes to some visual elements

• October 2, 2019 at 2:04 pm #5201
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

I love your theme.

Running osTicket 1.12 with Awesome 105.

I want to change the background colors for internal notes (to yellow) and email reply (to light red). I have users sending internal notes to customers and I need to visually slap them in the face.

I trying to change this in /scp/css/scp.css but when I make the changes nothing happens. I’m guessing that whatever changes I make are getting over ridden by some of your theme css’s. Is this an accurate assumption. If so where do I need to make the changes?

• October 2, 2019 at 3:59 pm #5204
      stevland
      Keymaster

I’m guessing that whatever changes I make are getting over ridden by some of your theme css’s

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. 

For that reason (and also because it will be easier to keep track of when updating to a newer version of osTicket Awesome in the future) the recommended file to add all of your custom CSS to is osta/user-styles.css. It is the last style sheet to load so anything declared there will override any other styles.

• October 3, 2019 at 7:24 am #5206
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

Could you help me with the code for that? I’m kind of new at CSS any guidance you can offer would be much appreciated. If required, we would be glad to pay for your help. Thank you. Great product.

• October 3, 2019 at 11:51 am #5210
      stevland
      Keymaster

I can do that. I think I know what you want to change, but rather than wasting time composing code when I may be wrong…

why don’t you help me help you by sending me a screenshot of what you want to change? 

• October 3, 2019 at 2:58 pm #5213
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

OK so having a devil of a time uploading this so I’m going try and split it in 2.

Here are the snapshots you wanted, the first one show the changes we want on the Open Ticket page:

Open Ticket

• October 3, 2019 at 3:03 pm #5215
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

So it won’t do it in 2 parts, here is 2 of 3.

The second one shows these same changes on the Edit Ticket page:

Edit Ticket

• October 3, 2019 at 3:09 pm #5218
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

And finally we would like to make the Post Internal Note tab to be the default tab on the Edit Ticket page, as described on osTicket forums at the following URL:

https://forum.osticket.com/d/89709-change-internal-note-to-default-tab

Thank you for making such a great product and being so accessible. We really appreciate it.

• October 8, 2019 at 10:27 am #5229
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

Have you had a chance to look into this?

• October 8, 2019 at 8:09 pm #5234
      stevland
      Keymaster

Oh weird! I typed a reply days ago… I guess I neglected to click Submit. Sorry about that.

I’m glad I asked for clarification because I was completely mistaken regarding what you want to modify.

This looks like these requests will take around 1/2 hour or so to implement, so I will quote you $40USD.

Obviously, I will need direct access to your installation to do the work. If you wish to proceed please fill out this form with as much information as possible. I will complete the changes within 2 business days or less and send you an invoice through PayPal.

• August 31, 2021 at 12:43 pm #8066

hi, did you ever make these changes – and do you think you could have these as a system-wide option? I am. happy to pay for these changes, to be switchable for everyone?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags