[Resolved] Changing Menu Text Color

• January 26, 2020 at 6:36 pm #5451
      D
      bergerdm
      Participant

Can you point me in the right direction to change (darken) the color of the menu font so as to make it easier to read?  I’ve inserted a screenshot of what it looks like now. It would be nice if the dropdown menu items were darker as well (not visible in sample).

Thanks

• January 27, 2020 at 11:10 am #5452
      stevland
      Keymaster

Header Text configures the color of the font used for the links in the header and the links in the drop-down menus.

Header Background configures the background color of the submenus.

I hope this helps!

• January 27, 2020 at 11:32 am #5453
      D
      bergerdm
      Participant

I think that is what it is already set to. Could you confirm?

• January 27, 2020 at 12:37 pm #5454
      stevland
      Keymaster

Yes, you are already using the settings with the most contrast.

But have you somehow changed the font that is used? It looks quite different from what I would expect to see. The font is super thin, but the bold item is super bold.

For comparison, here is what it looks like using your chosen background image in a standard osTicket Awesome installation:

Obviously, it still isn’t ideal as the background doesn’t provide a lot of consistent contrast. But it looks better than what you have.

You can add the following to /osta/user-styles.css:

#header a {
          font-weight: 400;
      }

That will make the font of all menu items bold, rather than just the current item.

If you still aren’t happy with that, you should consider turning off Header Background > Use Backdrop Image

• January 27, 2020 at 7:49 pm #5455
      stevland
      Keymaster

You can try adding:

#nav.pull-right .active a {
          font-weight: 700;
      }

…but it is dependent on the font that is being displayed and if it supports a font-weight above 400 or not.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.