[Resolved] Customer form: Long Display Box has no end, and maybe is too long?

• June 17, 2019 at 8:32 am #4685
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

When creating a custom form, I find the Long Text box isn’t formatted at 4 lines, but more importantly never has an end.

I think we may have identified a CSS Fix, but wondered if you knew about it already or not?

• June 17, 2019 at 8:40 am #4686
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

.redactor-editor {
      font-size: 11pt;
      height: 300px;
      border: .5px solid #A5A4A4!important;
      border-top: 0px!important;
      }

This seems to fix it, kind of, but adds a straight cornered border, we suspect there should be a rounded corner border?

• June 17, 2019 at 9:39 am #4687
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thank you for taking the time to report this and offering your fix, @mfoston

Unfortunately I can’t seem to reproduce this glitch, however.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean by  Long Text box. I think you mean Long Answer, yes?

Here are the steps I think you are referring to:

Admin Panel > Manage > Forms > Add New Custom Form > Form Fields fields available where this form is used > Type > Long Answer

I then go to Help Topics > Forms and add my new form to a help topic.

When I open a new ticket the text box displays as I would expect:

Am I missing something?

• June 18, 2019 at 12:24 am #4690
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

Yes, those are exactly the steps, and I’ve just created a new custom form with just a Long Answer and I see the same issue.

This suggests it may be something to do with my setup, I’m going to try and tinker with a few things and see if I can resolve it.

• June 18, 2019 at 12:55 am #4691
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

I think it has me beaten, my CSS skills are very limited.

I could supply a link to the site if that will help? Not sure if to do it here, or via email.

Let me know, whilst it doesn’t stop it working, I know I’ll get moaned at because of the way it looks!

• June 18, 2019 at 1:33 am #4693
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

Also, my CSS fix didn’t work, I think for mine to work, I’d have to edit your css and remove one line.

• June 18, 2019 at 2:31 am #4696
      M
      mfoston
      Participant

FOUND IT! 🙂

If in the field config you have HTML input allowed the box breaks.

This allows me to fix it, because I don’t need them to enter HTML, but might help you see the issue?

I simply removed the checkbox and it fixed it.

• June 18, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4701
      stevland
      Keymaster

I still can’t reproduce the issue on my end. 

With Allow HTML selected the redactor toolbar is present, when deselected it is not.

So unfortunately your users will not have access to the formatting tools that the toolbar provides:

If you decide at some point that you would like me to investigate further, I will need you to create a temporary agent account (Admin Panel > Agents > Add New Agent) using info@osticketawesome.com. Be sure to give the account full administrative privileges. 

But if you’re happy with this solution, great!

• June 18, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4702
      stevland
      Keymaster

I’ll marked this Resolved for now, but I am happy to investigate further if you wish me to do so.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.