[Resolved] Empty page after upgrade to v1.14.4

• November 26, 2020 at 3:09 am #7114
      D
      Dimatek
      Participant

Hi there,

I’m using OSTicket Awesome for a while already and never had issues installing an update. However, installing v1.14.4 displays an empty /scp/index.php page so the ticket list is not showing up anymore. The admin page (/scp/settings.php) works fine.

I worked through all the troubleshooting steps:
      – cleared browser cache and tried different browsers
      – triple-checked the ost-config.php file within the /include folder
      – made sure the helpdesk is online

Any clues??

Thanks for your help!

• November 26, 2020 at 2:04 pm #7117
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @Dimatek,

I am on the road at the moment, but here are the things that come to mind that I will suggest…

Check your web server logs for relevant errors at the time that you try to load the scp page.

If you use any server-side caching software to speed up the loading of your website, or any sort of a firewall solution, take a look at disabling and/or clearing caches.

You should try downloading the 1.14.4 zip again, extracting it again, and uploading / overwriting the files in your installation. Believe it or not, one or two people have solved similar issues by doing so.

If you’re using any plugins try disabling them.

Search this forum for the terms ‘white’ and ‘blank’. I know this type of thing has come up once or twice in the past. Normally I would do the search on your behalf but, again, I’m on the road at the moment.

If you are still having trouble, please fill out the following form with as much information as possible and I will take a look when I am back in front of my computer:

• February 9, 2021 at 5:20 am #7395
      D
      Dimatek
      Participant

Hi stevland,

thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately the problem persisted so I reverted to the previous version.
      Now upgrading to v1.15.1 the issue is the very same (blank index.php page = no tickets displaying) and I’m not able to revert the changes.

I’ve therefore filled out the Assistance Request Form hoping you can have a look shortly.

Many thanks in advance,
      Dimatek

• February 9, 2021 at 7:49 am #7396
      D
      Dimatek
      Participant

Hi stevland,

seeing that the system is crucial, we’ve rolled back the update to a functioning version. It would be great to figure out what is causing this issue in order to be able to keep the system current. The /scp/index.php page (ticket page) is displaying a HTTP 500 Error / blank page that I wasn’t able to resolve.

Has this been reported elsewhere? I’ve tried re-uploading the content of the upload folder and searched through this forum for the terms you mentioned before (blank, white) but to no success.

Any idea is welcome…

Many thanks,
      Dimatek

• February 19, 2021 at 9:40 am #7439
      stevland
      Keymaster

Obviously there isn’t anything I can do to help you right now.

I know I said this:

Search this forum for the terms ‘white’ and ‘blank’. I know this type of thing has come up once or twice in the past.

But I also searched the forum and the incidents I was thinking of where totally different and unrelated to your issue.

So to answer your question: “Has this been reported elsewhere?”  Sorry, no.

It seems to me that you must be doing something wrong during the installation process.

My advice is to create a copy of your current database, install 1.15.x in a different directory and using the copied db, and let it upgrade the db.

That way you can have a testing installation while keeping your production installation running.

Then fill out the Assistance Request Form again with the info on your testing installation and I will take a look (section 3 of the form would be really helpful, if possible, so that I can look at your error logs as you did not report back on that when I asked).

I will mark this resolved for now but feel free to report back at any time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.