[Resolved] Feature removed in awesome osticket

• February 4, 2019 at 5:56 am #2927
      Energy
      Participant

Theme Information
      osTicket v1.10.4 // osTicket-Awesome-1.10.4-v1.0
      Your Software Environment
      PHP 5.5.38-1~dotdeb+7.1 // MySQL 5.5.60 // Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) web server

When people reply to a ticket normally it shows in your own tickets with big font, so you know someone have replyed to a ticket.
      This does not happen with awesome osticket, is it and error in my installation? I know you can still see in open tickets that they have replyed.
      But the problem is when you have more then 100 open tickets its really a nice feature to see it in your claimed tickets too.

• March 15, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3214
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hmmm I’m sorry @Energy but I cannot think of what you must be referring to.

Can you send a detailed explanation or — better yet — a screenshot?

• April 28, 2019 at 9:08 pm #3835
      stevland
      Keymaster

@Energy 

FYI I did figure out what you are referring to. 

I disabled the bold font a long time ago because I feel it makes the ticket list look too cluttered.

I do see what you mean about being useful, however, so I’m trying to think of a compromise to implement in a future release.

It is on the list! Stay tuned.

• April 30, 2019 at 8:43 am #3913
      I
      dshrout
      Participant

Just to add, this is a feature that we’d love to use as well. It was helpful seeing which tickets were replied to by a client last when they are bold. When a agent replies to the ticket, it’s no longer bold on the dashboard so it allows me to easily track who has been responded to and who hasn’t.

Thanks,

• April 30, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3933
      stevland
      Keymaster

Noted. I will reintegrate this into the 1.12 release.

• May 3, 2019 at 9:19 am #4083
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi guys,

I didn’t keep my promise… this wasn’t included in the 1.12 release after all. I will include something in the next release for sure.

In the meanwhile, you can easily add this functionality back by adding some CSS to your /osta/user-styles.css file.

The following code will display tickets with new replies in a darker text:

td[style="font-weight:bold"].osta_subject a {
      color: #0c3d50 !important;
      }

If you really want to go nuclear you can use a bold font instead:

td[style="font-weight:bold"].osta_subject a {
      font-weight: 600 !important;
      }

• May 3, 2019 at 9:23 am #4084
      I
      dshrout
      Participant

Thanks for the workaround for now, is there a particular place that should be added into that file or is the end OK?

• May 3, 2019 at 10:54 am #4088
      stevland
      Keymaster

The file exists exclusively for you to add your own CSS modifications. So — until you do — it is blank.

• May 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm #4133
      I
      dshrout
      Participant

Sorry to bring up an old topic, I put 

td[style=”font-weight:bold”].osta_subject a {<br />
      color: #0c3d50 !important;<br />
      }

in the user-styles.css under /osta and it doesn’t appear to be changing anything. Is there anything that needs to be done for this to take effect? For another example I started a topic to increase the font size of the tables on the scp page and that didn’t appear to do anything either. The code for that was 

table.list tbody td {<br />
      font-size: 12px;<br />
      }

I’m sure I’m missing something.

Thanks,

• May 12, 2019 at 12:27 am #4137
      W
      wiranov
      Participant

I need this feature too

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags