[Support request] Injecting custom JS

• May 26, 2021 at 8:43 am #7689
    J
    JulienVDC
    Participant

Hey there,

I am looking for suggestions/ideas on how I could easily inject and maintain custom scripts I am creating for out OST instance.

I don’t know if what I have in my head is possible but, what I am thinking of is to create/add a file for all my scripts that would automatically be loaded (ideally I could specify on which pages, but not a must-do). This way I wouldn’t have to modify any of the core files which would make my life easier whenever I’d upgrade and go over any of the modifications I have made… 🙂

What do you guys think?

Julien

• June 8, 2021 at 4:50 am #7716
    J
    JulienVDC
    Participant

hey little update…

We’re looking to have some sort of conditional fields in our forms. For example: if item B is selected in dropdown, then hide the next 3 fields.
    We managed to build some javascript that can achieve this. However we’ve realized that the custom form/field names and ids are generated randomly and will change from one user to another (to prevent from spammers). Which makes our scripts irrelevant…

I read some ideas about removing the bit in the code that rules the random generations, but I am not too keen to edit the core code.

So I am wondering if anyone has done this another way or has suggestions ?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags