[Resolved] Interface freezes, need to reload page to work again

• May 29, 2019 at 6:28 am #4293
      N
      netwatch
      Participant

As the title says, while navigating the interface and assigning agents to tickets etc sometimes the green notification does not go away and the interface becomes unresponsive until the page is reloaded. This happens way to often, and it also happens in the demos https://osticketawesome.com/a/1.12-3/scp/

We tried with IE, Chrome & Firefox all with the same behavior

Please advise

• May 29, 2019 at 8:45 am #4300
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hmmm. Please don’t misinterpret me, I am very motivated to help you resolve this. But I haven’t encountered this on my end. And I have been though the demos with a fine-toothed comb with all manner of browsers and devices. Also, no one else has reported this.

Therefore, I have to ask myself: what is different about your environment? 

You say you’ve used “IE, Chrome & Firefox”.

I assume you mean Edge — not IE — yes? (osTicket Awesome does not support IE!).

Given that you have access to IE or Edge I also assume that you are on Windows, correct?

I assume that you don’t have similar issues while loading other web pages, yes?

The more information you can provide about your environment the more likely it is that I can think of something to try.

Right now the only possibility that comes to mind is that you could have a third-party plugin or extension (such as an ad blocker) that is being glitchy and interfering with the loading of the page. Please try disabling any browser extensions.

You probably won’t like my response, but (unless another person jumps in here and reports the same issue) I really do think it is something on your end. Because I can’t see what you are experiencing it is almost impossible to troubleshoot. But I would be happy to connect to your computer through a TeamViewer session to figure it out. Let me know if you want to do this.

• May 29, 2019 at 1:38 pm #4304
      I
      IT Support
      Participant

This one is really terrible. We experienced the same here and I might be able to partially point to the function that’s causing it. I noticed it when I was explaining something to a colleague at her workplace: she used osTicketAwesome (1.12-102) with Firefox and set in her account settings the refresh rate for ticket pages to “every minute”. In my account settings the refresh rate is deactivated. Anyway, I tried to show her some things and became very irritated about the same weird issue netwatch posted: a lot of buttons did not work – like they where freezed. After refreshing the whole page they worked again… worked… and suddenly they stopped working again. I started realizing that it happens after her ticket page refreshed. So I went to my workplace (chrome, firefox – both the same) and activated the refresh rate -> and yep, experienced the same. Always (not 100% sure if it’s really always) after the javascript refresh you can’t open any (modal) dialog anymore (for instance “edit current queue”).

ps: you can experience it in the demo as well. Just set the refresh rate to “every minute”, open ticket page, wait a minute until you see the refresh and try to open a modal dialog, for instance: try to edit the current queue. 

• May 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4310
      stevland
      Keymaster

Interesting. Thank you for your information, @it-supportlindner.

I stand corrected, @netwatch. It isn’t something limited to your environment.

It is odd though, that the refresh rate for the demo user and in my user account of my own osTicket Awesome installation are set for 5 minutes. And yet I have never run into this issue. In fact I have changed it to 1 minute and I’m still not seeing it. 

Is there anything else you can tell me about your environment, @it-supportlindner? What browser, device, o/s, etc.?

Yikes. Now I see the issue. Thank you for your report, @it-supportlindner.

• May 29, 2019 at 10:56 pm #4311
      N
      netwatch
      Participant

Thanks for investigating the issue further! please let me know if you require anything from our end!

• May 31, 2019 at 1:08 pm #4321
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thanks for your patience guys. This has been a nasty bug to track down. In fact, I still haven’t figured out the exact cause.

But I have a temporary fix.

Please open /include/staff/header.inc.php and comment out lines 52 – 56 so that it looks like this:

<!--<?php if($ost && ($headers=$ost->getExtraHeaders())) {
      echo "\n\t".implode("\n\t", $headers)."\n";
      }
      ?>-->

I will release osTicket 1.12 (Revision 4) over the weekend which will include this workaround while I continue to look for a proper fix.

• June 2, 2019 at 10:12 pm #4397
      stevland
      Keymaster

Kindly disregard my last message. 

The real fix is to open /include/staff/footer.inc.php and simply change line 16 from

<!-- osta -->

to

</div>

Or upgrade to the latest release, available now.

Thank you both for bringing this issue to my attention!

• June 2, 2019 at 10:49 pm #4399
      N
      netwatch
      Participant

Excellent! I will download the latest release and let you know!

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.