[Resolved] Issue with sending a link

• August 21, 2019 at 1:06 am #4971
      G
      satmar
      Participant

Dear OS Ticket Awesome Team 🙂

I have following issue with viewing some tickets:

I am having a trouble viewing some tickets in your helpdesk today, please could you take a look when you get the chance?

When I click on the link in the email I am taken to a sign in page, but I believe I do not have an account so I go to the check ticket status section, and key in the details. When I submit an access link request there is a HTTP ERROR 500.

Theme Information

osTicket v1.11 //osTicket-Awesome-1.11-v1.0

The current version is osTicket-1.12.2-Awesome-101

Thank you for supporting osTicket Awesome!<br />
      Your Software Environment

PHP 7.1.23 //MySQL 10.1.41 //Apache/2 web server

I can provide with screenshots on request in PM message… Please advise…

• August 21, 2019 at 10:08 am #4972
      stevland
      Keymaster

To be honest, this doesn’t sound like an issue specific to osTicket Awesome. But I am willing to try to help you narrow down the cause of the problem.

First, try clearing your browser cache and try again.

If that doesn’t help, try the Email Access Link function through the osTicket core interface (hopefully you kept a working copy of your original osTicket installation). Let me know if this works or not.

HTTP Error 500 is a very generic message that is displayed on the web page. The actual error message is recorded in the error logs, usually the Apache error logs. Have a look for the relevant message that is being recorded at the time that the Email Access Link form is submitted. Feel free to post the error here.

• September 18, 2019 at 3:05 am #5113
      G
      satmar
      Participant

After detailed troubleshooting I found in logs that source of the issue was in php mail function.

After upgrading the engine to the latest 12.2 version – all problems seems to be gone now…

Thanks a lot anyway for your help and efforts. Appreciate it.

• September 18, 2019 at 7:48 am #5114
      stevland
      Keymaster

I’m glad you sorted this out. Thanks for sharing your solution.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags