[Resolved] Knowledgebase search shows "Not Found"

• November 11, 2019 at 10:15 am #5289
      N
      nminaker
      Participant

Hi there,

I’ve noticed this behaviour in osTicketAwesome since at least osTicket v 1.12.2, but I recently upgraded to 1.12.3 and the matching OSTA version 102 and found the same issue:

osTicket 1.12.3 // osTicket-1.12.3-Awesome-102<br /><br />
      PHP 7.2.24-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 // MySQL 5.7.27 // Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) web server

My issue: When a user searches our KB articles from the search bar at the bottom of the screen, it (usually) goes to {domain}/kb/kb/faq.php?a=search&q={search term}.  There is a doubling up of the “kb” in the link.  It originally seemed to be fixed in the latest version for osTicket 1.12.3, but it actually seems like the problem is intermittent. 

not found error

What I did find was that I could fix this issue adding a forward slash to the link in the /include/footer.inc.php file on line 11. The line now reads:<br />
      <form method="get" action="/kb/faq.php">

<form action=”

/

kb/faq.php” method=”get”>

I added in the leading forward slash and so far the issue has not reoccurred.

Is anyone else having this issue, and does this seem like the correct way to resolve it?

Thanks,

Nick

</form>

• November 22, 2019 at 10:18 am #5313
      stevland
      Keymaster

Sorry for the delayed response, @nminaker.

I believe this is the correct fix and I will include it in future releases.

To fix it manually one should also add a leading slash to the same form found in /index.php

Thank you for your contribution!

• November 25, 2019 at 8:01 am #5317
      N
      nminaker
      Participant

No worries.  It’s been working since I updated it as far as I know, but I appreciate the confirmation.  Thanks Stevland.  

Cheers,

Nick

• August 29, 2020 at 1:39 pm #6299
      M
      mguerrero
      Participant

Hola este pos fue de mucha ayuda para mi, creo importante comentarte que tengo la versión osTicket v1.14.3 // osTicket-1.14.3-Awesome-101

pero mi solución fue eliminar / en el index.php

<form method=”get” action=”kb/faq.php”>

con el /  redireccionamiento no funciona 

te felicito la mejor inversión que e realizado.

• August 30, 2020 at 8:30 am #6300
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hola mguerrero,

Gracias. No me di cuenta de que está roto. Además, el campo de búsqueda inferior está roto en las páginas de la base de conocimientos. Ambos se solucionarán en la próxima versión (v1.14.3-2).

Thank you. I didn’t realize that is broken. Also, the bottom search field is broken on Knowledge Base pages. Both will be fixed in the next release (v1.14.3-2).

• August 30, 2020 at 10:15 am #6301
      stevland
      Keymaster

Además, gracias por sus amables palabras.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.