[Resolved] "ost_ticket__cdata Table Missing" Errors, After New Install of OSTA

• October 1, 2018 at 4:04 pm #2277
      T
      thomas.mccall
      Participant

I had a days-old install of OST 1.10.4 that was working just fine.  No errors no anything. Bought and installed OST Awesome and it works beautifully… except in one regard:  when in the agent home screen (the ticket overview area), and I hover over the ticket priority color to bring up the priority selection pop-up, I get the following messages in my inbox:

`DB Error #1146</p> <p>[SELECT * FROM ost_ticket__cdata WHERE ticket_id = '8']</p> <p>`Table ‘my_db.ost_ticket__cdata’ doesn’t exist 

`—- Backtrace —-</p> <p>` #0 (root)/include/mysqli.php(204): osTicket->logDBError(‘DB Error #1146’, ‘[SELECT * FROM …’)

` #1 (root)/include/staff/templates/priority.tmpl.php(28): db_query(‘SELECT * FROM o…’)</p> <p>` #2 (root)/include/ajax.tickets.php(206): include(‘/home/me/…’)

` #3 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(145): TicketsAjaxAPI->previewPriority(‘8’)</p> <p>` #4 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(38): UrlMatcher->dispatch(‘8/priority’, Array)

` #5 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(120): Dispatcher->resolve(‘8/priority’, Array)</p> <p>` #6 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(38): UrlMatcher->dispatch(‘/tickets/8/prio…’, NULL)

` #7 (root)/scp/ajax.php(264): Dispatcher->resolve(‘/tickets/8/prio…’)</p> <p>#8 {main}

This happens religiously now.  When I revert back to my stock version, everything’s fine.  Re-install OSTA, same issue happens again. I’ve read many things about the root cause of this error, from language packs needing to be re-installed to “cdata is a temporary table, built on-demand when you open a ticket; the script is looking for something that’s not there.” How do I fix this error?

• April 29, 2019 at 10:00 am #3873
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @thomas.mccall,

I just realized that the forum software I’m using has been falsely flagging some posts as “spam” and segregating them.

Thank you for taking the time to post this Just so you know, I didn’t see it until now!

The database error you’ve pointed out was from a custom modification that I had in previous versions of osTicket Awesome that allowed an agent to change the priority of tickets on-the-fly from the main Ticket list.

Unfortunately, my mod broke somewhere along the way and started generating these database errors.

Now in v1.11 and onward the underlying code for ticket priorities has completely changed. So for now I have removed the mod from osTicket Awesome, although I am hoping to add it back soon… this time with a “no database error” guarantee!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.