[Resolved] Task scheduler fails with 0xFF on 1.14.2 Release 102

• June 11, 2020 at 2:35 pm #5978
      J
      JODellAgC
      Participant

WIndows Server 2012 R2 / IIS 8.5 / PHP v.5.6 / MySql v. 5.5
      osTicket Awesome 1.14.2 Release 2 (102)

After upgrading to the current version from 1.14.2 Release 1 / 101 the scheduled task to run php.exe targeted at cron.php fails.  

Reverting to release 1 / 101 remediates the issue.  PHP does not return any specific error.  I am working to trace the includes, but it is a little beyond what I can do at the moment. Any assistance will be appreciated.

How to replicate:  Update existing instance of Release 1 to Release 2 on WIndows Server (any supported version).  Run existing task either manually or wait for scheduled run time.  Email fetching will not happen and the task will complete with the exit code OxFF.

• July 13, 2020 at 10:36 am #6060
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @JODellAgC,

Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of familiarity with IIS servers. But I’m keen to help you find a solution.

Have you been using osTicket and/or osTicket Awesome for a long time, or is this your first time upgrading? 

Are there any verbose errors in the Event Viewer?

Please review the steps in the original setup instructions. Perhaps there is a step that needs to be repeated after upgrading.

After updating, please edit the scheduled task to ensure that the path to cron.php is still correct (although it should be the same as the cron.php doesn’t move).

Is it possible that there is a permissions issue? When you first set up the Scheduled Task, did you need to perform an additional step to allow the Task Scheduler to access the cron.php file?

Have you seen this?
      https://forum.osticket.com/d/1148-cronphp-doesnt-seem-to-work

I hope these ideas help you find a solution. Please let me know either way.

• July 25, 2020 at 9:59 pm #6141
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @jodellagc,

It has been almost two weeks and I have not received a response from you. Hopefully you managed to resolve this issue. If not, another osTicket Awesome update is now available. Perhaps you will want to try your luck with that. If you still have an issue with Scheduled Tasks, my best advice is to set everything up as if it is the first time.

I will mark this as resolved for now, but please do not hesitate to post an update.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.