Up Arrow on tickets

• July 9, 2019 at 2:06 am #4772
      netctrlsupport
      Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to get an up arrow on tickets like you have in OsTicket? it seems to be missing? it would be handy.

Also, I have noticed that when changing the login logo on the agent page, it turns on the logo on the main agent page tiny

• July 10, 2019 at 3:24 am #4778
      M
      graphskill
      Participant

Hi

Scroll to top has been implemented in the latest release (105)

It is tagged to the bottom of the page so you have to scroll down to the very bottom to see it. It would be better if this was floating as you scrolled down the page

• July 10, 2019 at 7:25 am #4779
      netctrlsupport
      Participant

I agree, that would be much better!

• July 10, 2019 at 9:45 am #4783
      stevland
      Keymaster

Indeed, a “back to top” button has been implemented in 105. And you only have to scroll down 600 pixels for it to become visible.

• July 10, 2019 at 1:13 pm #4784
      M
      graphskill
      Participant

Not on my installation. I have to scroll to the bottom of the message thread before the button appears (Chrome / windows). 

I tried attaching an animated gif but it did not work, so see on this link: Scroll to top gif

• July 10, 2019 at 3:41 pm #4785
      stevland
      Keymaster

@graphskill,

Thanks for the animation. Your “back to top” button is definitely messed up! (It is also meant to be on the left side of the page).

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

Do you see the same glitch in the demo?

• July 11, 2019 at 3:22 am #4787
      M
      graphskill
      Participant

Yep – cache issue. Strange I had cleared cache first. but done it again and all seems fine (I have read that Chrome is often very reluctant  to clear cache fully at times and can take a couple of goes)

Brilliant implementation-thanks

• August 8, 2019 at 1:39 pm #4906
      stevland
      Keymaster

Glad to help!

• August 16, 2019 at 8:22 am #4963
      J
      boxer2t
      Participant

Just got Awesome working for me. I can see the up arrow on my computer browser but not on my browser on my phone. Is this by design or is something wrong with my install?

• August 21, 2019 at 11:00 am #4975
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi boxer2t,

You’re right, I have the back to top button hidden in the mobile layout.

If you want to enable it, add the following code to /osta/user-styles.css:

@media screen and (max-width: 760px) {
          #scroll-to-top {
            display: inline;
          }
      }

What do you guys think… should the back to top button be shown in the mobile layout, or is it superfluous?

• August 22, 2019 at 12:54 am #4990
      netctrlsupport
      Participant

Hi All,

Is there a way to add this without upgrading to the latest version?

The guy who normally helps with this has left and now I’m not sure how to do it!

• August 22, 2019 at 8:43 am #4994
      stevland
      Keymaster

@netctrlsupport,

If it were a simple thing I’d be happy to pass along a tidbit. But in this instance it would require multiple edits to multiple files, I would need to test it against the version that you are running, compose instructions, etc. So, no.

• August 22, 2019 at 8:48 am #4995
      stevland
      Keymaster

P.S. Keep in mind that I do offer a Professional Installation Service for a flat rate of $70 US. It may not be worth it to you for just this one feature, but perhaps you’ll want help upgrading to a newer version some time in the future.

• October 17, 2019 at 11:24 am #5266
      stevland
      Keymaster

Just a quick note to let you guys know that the Back To Top icon is displayed in mobile layout by default in osTicket-1.12.3-Awesome-102, which is available now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags