[Resolved] Upgrade OS Ticket

• April 29, 2021 at 6:15 am #7617
      A
      alexbuckland
      Participant

Hi Stevland

I have reached out to you about this but I guess you are busy. I need to upgrade my OSicket Awesome, and your instructions seem fairly simple but I assume (incorrectly?) I need to update the actual OS Ticket code as well? In case we need to revert, is this correct?

Thanks,

Alex.

• April 29, 2021 at 6:15 am #7618
      A
      alexbuckland
      Participant

FYI

osTicket v1.14.3 // osTicket-1.14.3-Awesome-102
      PHP 7.3.27 // MySQL 5.7.32 // Apache web server

• May 7, 2021 at 2:04 am #7633
      J
      JulienVDC
      Participant

Hey Alex,

You have to download the Awesome-OST version and upgrade using that one.

You should ignore the “standard” one put out by the OST guys. Unless you want to drop the Awesome-OST theme.

• May 7, 2021 at 3:00 pm #7644
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @alexbuckland,

Sorry, I didn’t see your email but I’m a little overwhelmed right now.

You don’t need to worry about your original vanilla osTicket installation. In fact, you can back it up and ditch it.

There was a time when I encouraged people to keep a working vanilla installation for troubleshooting purposes.

But osTicket Awesome now includes the latest copy of vanilla osTicket embedded within it. All you have to do is press Shift + O and you will see the page you are on, but in vanilla osTicket. 

I know, genius, right?!  😉

I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know.

• May 21, 2021 at 5:43 am #7670
      A
      alexbuckland
      Participant

Thanks!!

Quick question, can I upgrade from my current version (1.14.3) to 1.15.2 or do I have to go to 1.14.6?

Alex.

• May 21, 2021 at 3:23 pm #7671
        stevland
        Keymaster

As a general rule you can always upgrade osTicket or osTicket Awesome without doing staggered upgrades, unless your installation is super old, like, more than a decade old.

When you go from one major version to another (e.g. 1.11.x to 1.12.x or 1.14.x to 1.15x) the installer will perform a database upgrade. But that only takes a few seconds.

Even if you’re applying a minor upgrade, however, I always recommend backing up your database before you do anything!

• May 25, 2021 at 8:31 am #7685
      A
      alexbuckland
      Participant

Hi,

Ran the upgrade over the weekend. All went well, from 1.14 to the latest 1.15, your instructions were flawless thanks. TBH I have not noticed any major functionality enhancements from 1.14.3 to 1.15.2 but I know there are various security improvements. So that will do.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.