[Resolved] 1.17.2 user will be automatically logged out

• December 15, 2022 at 3:55 am #14236
      N
      bit111
      Participant

Hi togehter,

since V1.17.2 we faced with the issue that a user that is logged in into the user frontend will be suddenly logged out.

So when a customer/user is logged in in his customer area to view all the tickets and he clicks on “Profile” for example,
      then the session expired suddenly and the user has to login again.
      This behaivor we also see when the user create a new ticket

So any hint on this would be appreciate!

Regards, Norman

• December 20, 2022 at 1:14 am #14280
      S
      kleins
      Participant

Same here .. would be nice if someone could help

• December 20, 2022 at 6:45 am #14289
      stevland
      Keymaster

To be honest this sounds like an vanilla osTicket issue, not anything to do with osTicket Awesome.

I’m willing to try and sort out if that’s the case or not. But I can’t seem to reproduce this issue in the osTicket Awesome client demo. Can you?

Are either of you guys using OAuth2 by chance?

• December 21, 2022 at 11:08 pm #14319
      S
      kleins
      Participant

Hey Stevland, 

tested with OAuth2. Same problem.
      Only happens (here) when Users edits tickets in the frontend and tries to save them.
      Then you get back to the login screen and it looks like you have to log in again. If you hit refresh on your keyboard you are still logged in… 

Sincerely

• December 22, 2022 at 1:49 pm #14345
      stevland
      Keymaster

The reason I asked if you’re using OAuth2 is that what you have both described sounds like this issue:

https://forum.osticket.com/d/102248-microsoft-oauth-returning-to-homepage-without-user-logged-in/22

I can’t really help you with this (other than pointing you in the right direction) as I don’t use OAuth2 myself, and as this issue doesn’t have anything to do with osTicket Awesome it is way beyond the level of support I can offer.

I will mark this as ‘Resolved’, but you can still comment if you feel that I’ve made a mistake.

I hope you get this sorted out soon. Good luck.

• January 4, 2023 at 2:16 am #14500
      S
      kleins
      Participant

Hey Beon.. 

it seems like it was a permission problem. 

set Files of “API” Directory to 755 and Problem is solved. 

@ Steveland: as i mentioned in my other Ticket the osticketawesome zip release is messed up when unzipping it via Plesk. 
      If you unzip the original osticket release via plesk, everything is fine with default permissions. osticketawesome is 644 with all directories by default. Something has been changed since 1.1xxx. 

• January 18, 2023 at 11:11 am #14736
        N
        bit111
        Participant

Hi Kleins,

no, this is not a permission issue. This is an issue in class.usersession.php:

This solved the user logged out issue:

regards

• March 9, 2023 at 12:19 pm #15513
      S
      pifane
      Participant

Hi,

This have solve the issue I was having too.

• March 14, 2023 at 7:47 am #15550
      S
      pifane
      Participant

Issue is back.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.