[Resolved] After update to 102 my site changed to display-errors-mode

• September 18, 2020 at 7:35 am #6751
      M
      hobbelman
      Participant

Even while I have Show-php-errors in /scp/theme.php#theme-info my system still appears to show errors. I was able to fix this problem by changing at the end of main.inc.php :

if ( $custom[“show-errors”] ) set_error_handler(“error_handler”);

should be:

if ( $custom[“show-errors”] == “true”) set_error_handler(“error_handler”);

Thanks,

Michiel Hobbelman

• September 22, 2020 at 8:35 am #6907
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Michiel,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this report and your solution.

Unfortunately, your fix didn’t work on this end… perhaps there is something missing from your explaination.

But here is the solution that we came up with:

main.inc.php, line 74

change

ini_set('display_errors', $custom["show-errors"] ? 1 : 0 ); // Set by installer
      ini_set('display_startup_errors', $custom["show-errors"] ? 1 : 0 ); // Set by installer
      if ( $custom["show-errors"] ) set_error_handler("error_handler");
      ie_check($custom);
      ?>

to

ini_set('display_errors', filter_var($custom["show-errors"] , FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN) ? 1 : 0 ); // Set by installer
      ini_set('display_startup_errors',filter_var($custom["show-errors"] , FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN) ? 1 : 0 ); // Set by installer
      if ( filter_var($custom["show-errors"] , FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN) ) set_error_handler("error_handler");
      ie_check($custom);
      ?>

I’m going to release osTicket-1.14.3-Awesome-102a.zip in a few moments with this hotfix.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.