[Resolved] Attachments disappearing

• October 29, 2019 at 2:31 am #5271
      P
      webtekpc
      Participant

Hello, I put this problem in OSticket, but they reply it should be something about the theme I use, so I put the issue here. Can someone please try?

1) I have a costume form with descriptions and brand and models of the equipments and a place to attach a request document.

2) So the user Create the ticket – Everything OK and the file attached is in the right place .

3) Now an agent open the ticket and (3 dots in the top right corner) add another costume form with technical description. And in this form there is a new place to put the Order document (attachment) but it delete the first attachment, from the user.

Details about the issue: when I add the new form nothing happens, everything is the same, so I have to refresh the page, and with the refresh then appears the new form, but now with no files.

I can’t make publish instead of refresh because there are required fields in the new form, and they not appear until I refresh the page. So I don’t know if the attachments disappear because of the refresh, or buy what.

Can someone please try?

• November 3, 2019 at 8:29 am #5274
      stevland
      Keymaster

I have reproduced this issue in regular osTicket (see animation below). This is not an osTicket Awesome issue.

Please make sure that you have a regular osTicket installation to troubleshoot this type of issue!

When your osTicket was first installed, you (or the person who installed it) chose a folder name to put it in. Often this will be /osticket/, /helpdesk/ or /support/.

Let’s assume that your osTicket installation is in /support/.

The instructions for installing osTicket Awesome begin by insisting that you back up your original osTicket installation by renaming it to /support-old/.

When you have an issue like this one, the first question to ask is: is this an osTicket issue, or an issue caused by osTicket Awesome?

By using https://yourdomain.com/support-old/scp you can test!

But now that I have gone to all of the extra work to verify that this is an issue with osTicket itself, feel free to copy this animation and share it in your osTicket forum post.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.