[Resolved] Can't creative new ticket through agent panel(OsTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-102)

• August 17, 2020 at 6:34 am #6210
      Simon
      Participant

osTicket v1.14.2 // osTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-102
      PHP 7.4.8 // MySQL 5.7.25 // Apache web server

Osticketawesome engineer, hello!
      I encountered a problem recently, I think this problem may be a common problem for all using this version.(osTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-102)

I cannot create a new ticket through the agent panel, even I use another browser to open a new ticket through a new user.

Details as follows:
      1. When I create a new ticket through the agent panel, the system will tell me: Unable to create the ticket. Correct the following error and try again. However, I have filled in all the information that needs to be filled in, and the result is that it cannot be created. New bills. Screenshot below

2. When I created a new ticket as a customer through a new browser, the browser content disappeared. The above shows: This webpage is not functioning properly. unable to process this request. HTTP ERROR 500. Screenshot below

I believe that these two phenomena are the same problem, and look forward to your solution, and then continue to enjoy your perfect theme!

If you need any requirements, welcome to contact me

Thanks again

Simon

• August 17, 2020 at 1:09 pm #6211
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @Simon,

That is definitely not an issue with osTicket or with osTicket Awesome, or else I would have received hundreds of urgent reports by now!

HTTP Error 500 is a generic message. The real error message isn’t displayed to the visitor for security reasons. The real error message will be in your Apache logs.

But the first thing I would try would be to downgrade PHP to 7.3. osTicket does not support 7.4 yet.

Let me know if that resolves the issue for you.

• August 17, 2020 at 2:24 pm #6214
      Simon
      Participant

Good morning, Engineer stevland,
      I think it is necessary to give you timely feedback to avoid unnecessary waste of human resources.
      good news! Just after upgrading the version to osTicket-1.14.2-Awesome-103, all the problems were solved. I believe it must be my configuration problem, otherwise, it is impossible to solve it perfectly after the upgrade! I believe that you have made a lot of efforts to improve the system version time and time again. Thank you for your efforts. Your service makes everything worthwhile!
      In addition, my PHP version is 7.4.8, I hope my feedback will help you to serve other customers in the future!
      Thanks
      Simon
      From TAIWAN

• August 17, 2020 at 4:12 pm #6215
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi again, @Simon,

I really appreciate your friendly, postive attitde and enthusiam. 

And thank you for reporting back that the issue appears to be resolved after upgrading to the latest version of osTicket Awesome.

I still have to caution you, however: osTicket does not yet support PHP 7.4. If you run 7.4 you may run into all sorts of weird issues.

I highly recommend that you switch to PHP 7.3!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags