[Resolved] Easier way to apply smaller updates such as 1.17.x

• November 25, 2022 at 12:24 pm #13660
      R
      Randy Jonathan
      Participant

Is there an easy way to only apply the smaller changes to minor updates 1.17.x? Maybe a change log file? I didn’t find it easy to get on git.  

• November 28, 2022 at 11:09 am #13754
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hey Randy,

To be honest, I’m not very proficient at using GitHub for that purpose.

I’ll use it to apply a couple small tweaks here and there.

But even when a minor release comes along I use a file comparison tool to see the changes.

I really don’t think it would be practice for you. It’s a matter of comparing the previous osTicket with the new one, spotting the differences and then migrating them into osTicket Awesome’s codebase, which is significantly unique. It usually takes me about an hour for a minor release.

In a perfect world I suppose I would offer a full version for new users and an upgrade patch for existing ones. Although the thought of having more files to manage makes my head spin, it’s an interesting idea for future consideration!

• December 14, 2022 at 1:29 am #14217
      N
      nandor
      Participant
    • December 14, 2022 at 11:03 am #14227
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @nandor,

That’s an excellent suggestion.

But honestly, I don’t see why anyone would want to do this work on their own, when they can wait a few days at most for the next osTicket Awesome release.

Let me do the heavy lifting for you!

• December 15, 2022 at 1:42 am #14230
        N
        nandor
        Participant

We bought the osticket awesome, after we modified a lot of thing, ex.: CSS, functions, extra automatizations etc. 
        So, we need upgrade every time manually, but it is no problem with WinMerge.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.