[Resolved] Email Piping Bug

• June 1, 2020 at 2:15 pm #5941
      GDTech
      Participant

We found that email replies were not being piped to OST when a customer replied. It resulted in an error found in the logs:

[01-Jun-2020 20:06:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘//osta/php/functions.php’ (include_path=’./:/home/cpaneluser/mydomain.com/support/include/:/home/cpaneluser/mydomain.com/support/include/pear/’) in /home/cpaneluser/mydomain.com/support/main.inc.php on line 68

We the inspected main.inc.php and found your osta code.

We then removed the following from main.inc.php:

// osta
      require_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . ROOT_PATH . "/osta/php/functions.php";
      $custom = get_config() ;
      ie_check($custom);
      ?>

Once we did, piping works just fine. The only difference is that our logo on the back-end now shows your logo and this cannot be changed, but the front-end looks and feels normal.

——————————————————————

osTicket v1.14.2 // osTicket-1.14.1-Awesome-102
      PHP 7.3.18 // MySQL 10.3.22 // LiteSpeed web server

• June 1, 2020 at 2:37 pm #5942
      GDTech
      Participant

Actually, I found that this caused another issue. I’ll list them as I find them:

• our logo on the back-end now shows your logo and this cannot be changed, but the front-end looks and feels normal.
      • Upon opening a ticket, the loading rainbow circle never stops spinning which makes us have to go back to the previous page. However, the ticket is generated and emails are sent with no problems.
    • June 1, 2020 at 2:40 pm #5943
      GDTech
      Participant

Actually, I found that this caused another issue. I’ll list them as I find them:

1. our logo on the back-end now shows your logo and this cannot be changed, but the front-end looks and feels normal.
      2. Upon opening a ticket, the loading rainbow circle never stops spinning which makes us have to go back to the previous page. However, the ticket is generated and emails are sent with no problems.
      3. Front-end ticket creating fails. When submitting, the loading circle spins for just a moment, then the entire page is reloads without ever creating a ticket.
    • June 1, 2020 at 3:06 pm #5945
      GDTech
      Participant

Update: I’ve re-installed the prior version of the OSTA and that fixed all of my problems. I’ll stop here until I see a fix or update. Thanks.

• July 13, 2020 at 9:06 am #6054
      stevland
      Keymaster

Sorry for your trouble, and thank you for taking the time to report this. We’ll look into it and have a fix soon.

• July 16, 2020 at 10:29 am #6086
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @GDTech,

FYI I sent you an email just now with a potential fix. Fingers crossed.

• July 17, 2020 at 6:08 pm #6099
      stevland
      Keymaster

Long story short, I’m not sure if you’ve received my email. Please let me know.

If anyone else runs into this issue, please edit main.inc.php line 68 from

require_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . ROOT_PATH . "/osta/php/functions.php";

to

require_once "osta/php/functions.php";

After doing that please try uploading a new company logo. If that works for you I reckon that email piping will, too. Please let me know asap so that I can include this fix in the next release.

• July 25, 2020 at 9:53 pm #6138
      stevland
      Keymaster

I haven’t heard back from you. I’ve gone ahead and included this fix in the latest release, which is available now on the Downloads page. I am confident that it will resolve this issue.

I will mark this as resolved for now, but please don’t hesitate to post an update at any time.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags