[Resolved] Entry fields shown twice

• June 27, 2019 at 6:20 am #4735
      S
      Jaypi
      Participant

Hi Stevland

Sometimes when creating a new ticket, some entry fields are shown twice. This happens to Ticket details, Initial response and internal note. 

For some of us this happens only occasionally and can be resolved when reloading the page or deleting the cache but for a few this happens everytime they create a new ticket.

Theme information:

osTicket v1.12 // osTicket-1.12-Awesome-104<br />
      PHP 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.5 // MySQL 10.4.6 // nginx/1.10.3 web server

• June 27, 2019 at 8:16 am #4736
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @jaypi,

I haven’t run into or even heard of that issue before.

My first guess is that it has something to do with the fact that you are using nginx. osTicket only supports Apache and IIS web servers. Running osTicket (or osTicket Awesome) on nginx can lead to unexpected results.

• June 28, 2019 at 6:53 am #4742
      S
      Jaypi
      Participant

Just did further testing. It seems it actually also shows up in a osticket install without osticket awesome.

Just FYI if you’re curious: The issue persisted after I updated to Ubuntu 18.04, php 7.2 and even after I switched to Apache. As soon as my forum account for the osticket forum get’s approved I will open up a thread there.

Thank you for your assistance.

• June 29, 2019 at 11:50 am #4750
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thanks for the update. I hope you get it sorted soon!

• July 10, 2019 at 2:44 am #4777
      S
      Jaypi
      Participant

Hey I just wanted to make a quick update for anyone who stumbles upon this in the future. For me the problem was solved after I uninstalled APCu. I don’t know if this is related to php7.0 or php7.2 or something else but it seems that the APCu module was caching the input field and somehow creating this issue. 

• July 10, 2019 at 8:58 am #4780
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hey @jaypi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your information. I never would have thought to uninstall APCu!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.