[Resolved] installing

• April 30, 2020 at 2:24 pm #5643
      tank
      Participant

I can no longer get install to work. Can I just upload the awesome zip without installing osticket first? I am setting up a new system wirh nothing on it.

• April 30, 2020 at 2:34 pm #5644
      tank
      Participant

For some reason I’m having issues overriding files. If I didn’t have OS ticket installed already, could I just upload the contents of the awesome OS ticket archive and start fresh like that? Is there a way to install the theme without installing OS ticket first?

• April 30, 2020 at 2:57 pm #5645
      tank
      Participant

Actually, check this out:

Can I upload osticket, install it, , backup the congif file, then delete all the files, then upload the contents of the awesomeost archive to the server and then replace the config file?

There is something wrong on my end. I tried installing everything according to your instrcutions and they worked fine but had some bugs. Then, a few days later, i tried reinstalling and I havent been able to get the files to overwrite properly since. So now I am unable to overwrite any files.

• April 30, 2020 at 5:04 pm #5646
      stevland
      Keymaster

You don’t seem to understand that the ost-config.php file points to the database.

You were using your old ost-config.php file pointing to the database that no longer exists.

osTicket Awesome now works in the support subdomain, and you also have osTicket working in the support-old subdomain.

Before you ask, you’ll have to recreate your color theme settings, etc. because you deleted your old database.

Good luck.

• April 30, 2020 at 5:07 pm #5647
      tank
      Participant

Do you have access to my server?

• April 30, 2020 at 5:11 pm #5649
      tank
      Participant

I found the issue. My SFTP program has a bug in it that won’t let me overwrite the files. I am going to try from a Windows computer really quick.

I think I just explained it wrong. I understand that the config file points to the database, I was just looking for a way to install the theme without installing OS ticket first. I have been successful with installing OS ticket, then removing all the files and then uploading all the theme files to the server and then replacing the config file with the config file I had backed up. It still uses the same database as before.

I don’t have OS ticket installed right now, I am creating a new server for it now to install on a subdomain.

• May 1, 2020 at 12:06 pm #5660
      stevland
      Keymaster

I’m sorry @tank, I confused you with another user that I’ve been helping.

No, I do not have access to your server.

Did you manage to sort this out?

• May 14, 2020 at 6:40 pm #5712
      tank
      Participant

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP!

All is working perfectly now.

Thank you for your time!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.