[Resolved] Missing [Admin Panel / Staff Panel] toggle button

• June 4, 2018 at 1:53 am #1257
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

Hi,
      I’ve noticed that  [Admin Panel / Staff Panel] toggle button is missing when viewing on mobile phone.

Regards

• June 6, 2018 at 1:06 pm #1288
      stevland
      Keymaster

You are correct, @aeromarine.

The Admin Panel link is not available in mobile by design. It would be far too much work to attempt to make all of the admin pages mobile friendly. I also don’t feel that there is a great need to access those pages using a mobile device.

My intention with osTicket Awesome is for the end user to still perform admin tasks using a desktop or laptop.

The website used to say “You can access most of osTicket’s core functionality from your smartphone” or something like that. I just reviewed the site and I now realize that text must have gotten lost in the shuffle when I redesigned the site recently. I will have to consider adding it back.

Long story short I apologize if you feel mislead in any way, but I do not foresee being able to modify the admin settings in osTicket Awesome by default.

Having said that… there is a hacky way to get to the admin settings in a pinch.

Using Chrome on your mobile device go to the settings menu and select Desktop. You can then temporarily use your osTicket Awesome installation without the mobile enhancements.

I hope this helps.

• June 7, 2018 at 1:37 am #1298
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

Thanks for your reply @stevland. No worries at all. As you said there’s no need to access those pages using a mobile device.

Keep up the good work!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.