Mobile ticket / task list: sorting and customizing

• June 4, 2019 at 11:56 pm #4522
      I
      IT Support
      Participant

Hi,

First, I want to say that I appreciate the new way of presenting tickets and tasks in mobile version of osTicketAwesome. I still miss the translation for column headings, but that’s another story. However, nice work, thank you!

My Suggestions are:

• a possibility to sort these lists by columns and a possibility to change ‘predefined’ sorting. Now they are always sorted by default sorting (which cannot be changed mobile). In destop mode, you can sort by column by clicking the small icon next to each column heading and you can change the sorting by a predefined combination of colums (I call it ‘predefined’ sorting).
      • it would be extremely helpful if one could customize ticket pages for mobile usage. Background: we use 11 columns for all ticket lists (because we have space in desktop version). When using osTicket mobile, space becomes more valuable (now, because you changed the presentation so that there are also all 11 columns shown). At the moment, one can only see less than two tickets at once (depending on device height). So if we’d be able to, for example, manually disable columns for mobile view it would already help a lot. Maybe it’s possible to add a new criteria / property for column criteria (that JSON stuff each queue_column can have), like <br />
        screen-min-width IS < 900px => property show_column = false<br />
        I would say that it’s not necessary to have a full UI for customizing mobile lists, but just a possibily to turn things on / off. 
    • June 5, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4552
      stevland
      Keymaster

I still miss the translation for column headings

Oops! This oversight will be addressed in the next release.

a possibility to change ‘predefined’ sorting.

Yes, this is definitely a planned feature, more than likely in the next release as well.

customize ticket pages for mobile usage

Oh boy. That is a bit of a tall order. I can see the value in what you are proposing though. I have added it to my list of ideas to possibly explore in the future.

• July 29, 2019 at 6:59 am #4844
      I
      IT Support
      Participant

a possibility to change ‘predefined’ sorting.

Yes, this is definitely a planned feature, more than likely in the next release as well.

Hi, I just wanted to ask if this is still on your list. People are using desktop version on phone in order to use the sorting functionality. Without it, the mobile version is not usable for some of our staff member.

• August 8, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4908
      stevland
      Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply.

I took a run at adding sort options but it ended up being more daunting than I anticipated. It is on my list to try again.

The sort options are defined in the page URL (https://osticketawesome.com/a/1.12.2-1/scp/index.php?dir=1&sort=3). So here is an idea to make things easier for your agents:

1. Have your agents switch to desktop version,
      2. sort columns as desired,
      3. switch back to mobile
      4. and then bookmark the page with a description (e.g. “Overdue tickets sorted by Date”)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.