[Resolved] More Items in Dropdown

• June 7, 2022 at 6:38 am #10687
      B
      QFM
      Participant

Hey,

Short Question: Is it possible to show more than 5-6 (Help Topic)Items in the Dropdown Menu on the Ticket Creation Page,
      without the need to scroll? I just want to see all available Selections in one Big List.

We have some more Help Topics and dont want our Users to “overlook” the Scrolling Bar and Post their Tickets
      in a Wrong Topic again. (That really happend already) 

My knowledge was enough to Modify some HTML and CSS to suit us better. I hope thats in the same Scope.

At least a Tip where i can look for that specific Code would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings from Germany

• June 7, 2022 at 10:13 am #10703
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @QFM,

That’s a tough one. 

As far as I can tell the dropdown styling is dictated by the .select2-hidden-accessible selector in

/css/select2.min.css

Note this is a native osTicket file and it is minified.

I see that if one disables all of these styles the scrollbar in the dropdown goes away. But I’m not sure what combination of styles are responsible for it, or if any other issues will arise in other areas of osTicket if these styles are removed.

That’s all I have for you. Good luck.

• June 7, 2022 at 11:10 pm #10706
      B
      QFM
      Participant

Hey stevland,

Thanks for your fast response!
      I solved it. You gave me a new idea to think about that issue.
      Its not completely tested but it does the job for now:

Possible Downside: I think it affects all Dropdown Menus. (But until now, not a Problem for us) 

I just added the following to my Custom CSS Code:

.select2-container--default .select2-results>.select2-results__options {max-height:100%}

Again, its not really tested and im going to discover if its the best choice to just set the height to 100%.

But the idea should be clear. 

Thank you again for your fast Help. Have a nice day!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.