[Resolved] Moved: Reply To: osTicket-Awesome-1.10.1-v1.4 Released

• July 16, 2018 at 6:45 am #1542
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

Hi,

after upgrade, we find many error in log, same as:

PHP Warning: include(/home/omnik/public_html/osta/inc/database-reset-warning.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/omnik/public_html/include/staff/footer.inc.php on line 76, referer: http://omnik.tech/scp/theme.php

• July 16, 2018 at 8:25 am #1548
      stevland
      Keymaster

@omniksolar,

I’m sorry for your trouble!

There are two ways to fix this. Either download and install osTicket-Awesome-1.10.1-v1.4 again (it has been fixed), or simply create two empty files:

osta/inc/back-button.html
      osta/inc/database-reset-warning.html

If those two empty files are in place then PHP won’t spit up any more errors.

In case you are wondering, those files are used in the DEMO version but are intentionally blank in the official release.

• July 16, 2018 at 8:29 am #1551
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

Hi Steve,

I had already found this solution, thank you.

I have another problem. SVG images are not displayed, probably due to a code error.

you can see here: http://omnik.tech

thank you, good work

• July 16, 2018 at 8:31 am #1555
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

also the language flags are missing 🙂

• July 16, 2018 at 9:50 am #1559
      stevland
      Keymaster

@omniksolar,

None of the files are missing (here is the Italian flag on your server, for example). 

But there is something odd about your installation. 

When osTicket is installed the instructions tell the user to upload the /upload folder to their server and then rename it to whatever they want. I’ve seen examples such as /helpdesk, /support, /osticket, etc.

In your case it appears that you have uploaded the contents of the /upload folder into the root directory.

It isn’t a good idea to do it this way.

Did you back up your original osTicket installation? You still need it for if/when you decide to upgrade to a newer version of osTicket (for example, v1.11.x or v.1.2.x when they are released). The original osTicket core files are useful for troubleshooting purposes.

Ideally your original osTicket files will be in a directory such as /support-old and your osTicket Awesome files in a directory such as /support.

Also, do you not use the omnik.tech domain for anything else? You don’t have a company website?

Either way I highly recommend using directories as I have described above. But if you want to keep things the way they are, here is something to try. 

Open /include/ost-config.php and uncomment the ROOT_PATH directive and configure it like this:

define(‘ROOT_PATH’, ‘/‘);

Also go to Admin Panel > Settings and make sure that Helpdesk URL is simply http://omnik.tech

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by stevland.
    • July 17, 2018 at 12:23 am #1583
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

Hi Steve,

this domain is used only for helpdesk center. Our official website is http://www.omniksolar.eu

Our config was already correct with:

define(‘ROOT_PATH’, ‘/’); 

Helpdesk URL: http://omnik.tech

but some images are aniway missing.

other suggestions?

Many tks,

GP

• July 17, 2018 at 1:17 am #1590
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

Hi,

we have moved osticket-Awesome to a subdir “support” but some images still disappear again.

When I try to change some config, error log report this:

[Tue Jul 17 10:15:26 2018] [error] [client 194.183.25.30] PHP Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/omnik/public_html/support/osta/opt/language/language-bar.php on line 7, referer: http://omnik.tech/support/scp/theme.php

Bye,

GP

• July 17, 2018 at 4:49 am #1594
    • July 17, 2018 at 8:01 am #1644
      stevland
      Keymaster

Wow, okay… I am at a loss.

I am still trying to figure this out, but I wanted to respond so you won’t think I’ve overlooked or forgotten your issue.

I’ll look into that StackOverflow page, but my initial reaction is that it has to be something unique to your server or configuration.

After all, you can see all of the icons when you visit the demo pages, yes?

Please post your Software Environment info (Admin Panel > Settings > Theme) or send it to me in a private message.

• July 17, 2018 at 8:07 am #1647
      G
      omniksolar
      Participant

Hi Steve,

this is a strange behaviour, certainly.

In your Demo page I can see all icon, including flags.

This is our environment:

Your Software Environment

PHP 5.4.45 // MySQL 5.5.44 // Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) web server

Tks a lot for time spent for us

Bye,

• July 17, 2018 at 8:32 am #1651
      stevland
      Keymaster

@omniksolar

Your software environment is very similar to the environment that the demo is running in.

I don’t know why it should be an issue on your server, but I do think I’ve found the answer.

Please follow this advice, and let me know if it helps or not.

(On a side note you might consider upgrading your PHP to 5.6 which is what is recommended for osTicket. I don’t think it has anything to do with your SVG issue, but it could help to avoid other mysterious issues).

• July 17, 2018 at 8:41 am #1666
      stevland
      Keymaster

In case anyone reads this thread and is confused… I moved this thread from another topic and the messages are now all out of order.

• March 24, 2024 at 9:43 am #20028
      O
      Onur Göker
      Participant

Hi guys,

I am also having the same problem with svg icons. All icons are visible except svg icons.

I am using PHP v8.3 and have the same problem with osticket awesome.

My files are in the root directory of apache (/var/www/html)

I tried to move all files in a seperate directory like project.com/osticket and still it is useless.

I think I am gonna go nuts and yet could not find the solution. I need help guys 🙁 @stevland

• April 4, 2024 at 8:46 am #20142
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Onur,

osTicket / osTicket Awesome doesn’t support PHP 8.3 yet. Please downgrade to 8.2 or 8.1 asap. (I have no idea if that is the reason you are having an issue with SVG icons, but running an unsupported PHP can create unpredictable results).

If that doesn’t resolve your issue please fill out sections 1 and 2 of this form and I will take a look.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags