[Resolved] Name offset in company and user notes

• June 12, 2019 at 7:57 pm #4661
      S
      techcare
      Participant

G’day @stevland,

Just a few more visual issues. Maybe there is a better way to deal with them as I find them. Otherwise I’m starting a lot of different forum posts. A private github maybe?? That would be brilliant. If you fork the latest osTicket and then have everything in there. Anyway I digress πŸ™‚

So the screen shot below shows the issue. It happens on any notes either in Company or Users.

Name offset in company and user notes

Another thing I’ve noticed is that when I’m in Dashboard or else where and hover over the top tab “Users” it drops down with Users and Company. If i try this when I’m in Users OR Company it does NOT do this. Not a huge deal but just not the same principle across the board.

Lastly as you can see with the picture. That band which is blue can we enlarge this a little bit. Looks too small to me. Also would be good to have the lettering behind it stand out more.

No rush. Just cosmetics. πŸ™‚

• June 13, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4673
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @techcare,

Regarding the name spacing, I’ll have that section all fixed up in the next release:

Another thing I’ve noticed is that when I’m in Dashboard or else where and hover over the top tab β€œUsers” it drops down with Users and Company. If i try this when I’m in Users OR Company it does NOT do this. Not a huge deal but just not the same principle across the board.

The navigation in osTicket is inconsistent and confusing. I recently submitted a bug report pointing out a similar inconsistency, but unfortunately it was rejected.

A part of me wants to overhaul the navigation system and make it more consistent, it is something that I have definitely considered. But I have to consider all of the long-term implications of doing so. I try to modify osTicket’s core functionality as little as possible, and when I do it is almost always to address design and layout issues. Hopefully Enhancesoft will address the navigation inconsistency in the source code.

Lastly as you can see with the picture. That band which is blue can we enlarge this a little bit. Looks too small to me. Also would be good to have the lettering behind it stand out more.

I can’t figure out what you are referring to re: “Can we increase the width of this?”. Do you mean, “increase the height (and font-size)”?

• June 13, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4679
      S
      techcare
      Participant

Yeah I can understand that.

I would totally be happy to pay toward them implementing core upgrades and keeping it current. For example merging tickets… argh what a pain. Plus there are soooo many other issues to it that really should be ironed out by now.

Anyway I’m happy with your response mate. Thank you.

As for the last point here is what I mean. I can dabble with dev tools on Chrome, but it’s trial and error not in anyway clean and nice.

Navigational changes

As you can see it is just a little wider and to me seems more aesthetically pleasing.

Best regards,

Steve

• June 14, 2019 at 1:56 pm #4681
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hmmm. It’s obviously a subjective thing, because I prefer it thinner myself. But I will take it under advisement!Β 

• June 16, 2019 at 4:10 pm #4682
      S
      techcare
      Participant

Oh that could very well be πŸ™‚

Even if you could give some code to add the user file again that would be epic.

• June 18, 2019 at 10:59 am #4699
      stevland
      Keymaster

Sorry, not in this instance.

It probably looks like something that would be easy to do. But it’s like asking to change the support beam in a building.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.