[Resolved] Need to either change popup priority editor to vanilla or add more levels

• February 11, 2023 at 8:14 pm #15157
      T
      Thomas Merrick
      Participant

The server:

osTicket v1.17.2 // osTicket-1.17.2-Awesome-102
      PHP 8.2.2 // MySQL 10.6.11 // Apache/2.4.55 (Debian) web server

As the name suggests I would like to know where the files responsible for the priority editor fly out/popup are located so I may edit them to either add additional levels (as 2-4 in our environment does not use them for normal high emergency) or at a minimum use the “Vanilla” fly out/popup editor as that uses a drop down menu instead of dedicated radio buttons.

in a similar vein, and I know this is not specific to the awesome theme, The location for where the files responsible for the sorting for priority would be nice to know as well. So I can add logic for the additional levels. Right now it seems to be filtering based on the names of the priority list instead of the order they are in the database.

For reference, This environment was previously on 1.8 and we just upgrade it to 1.17.2 this weekend. Not on osTicket Awesome mind you but on the normal instance. We got the Awesome theme after sorting out some missing tables (org’s) and started adapting our changes to this instead.  The custom CSS in the admin panel and the user.js file have been helpful so far 

• March 15, 2023 at 1:08 pm #15595
      T
      Thomas Merrick
      Participant

This was resolved by copying the file <osticket root folder>/osta/old/include/staff/templates/dynamic-form-simple.tmpl.php to <osticket root folder>/include/staff/templates/dynamic-form-simple.tmpl.php as the changes for priority’s popup go back to that and copying it from vanilla version of OsTicket does about the same thing as manually changing the code in the file.

Also, after perusing the database visually, at some point OsTicket proper added a new column to the priority database for sorting the priorities independent of the number of the priority in the database. By updating all the priorities in the order, I want them I was able to fix sorting. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.