[Support request] New Message green dot is missing

• December 17, 2020 at 7:28 pm #7174
      N
      NIcholasjansen
      Participant

Hi there,

The little green dot that lets you know if there is a new message went missing a long time ago, I figured it would come back when I upgrade but I’ve just upgraded to the latest osTicket and latest Osta and it’s still gone… any suggestions on how to get it back?

https://prnt.sc/w52v39

• December 20, 2020 at 12:07 am #7181
      darklord
      Participant

Hi,

I think the green dot is replaced with a green arrow 😉

• December 20, 2020 at 12:31 pm #7183
        N
        NIcholasjansen
        Participant

@darklord

Do you have a screenshot? I’d say it’s still missing for me because there’s no green arrow either

• December 20, 2020 at 12:41 pm #7184
      darklord
      Participant

Did you clear the browser cache?

• January 21, 2021 at 10:42 am #7257
      stevland
      Keymaster

I apologize for the late reply, @NIcholasjansen.

@darklord
      is correct, the New Reply icon is now a green arrow.

His advice to clear your browser cache was exactly what I would have suggested. But it sounds like it didn’t fix your issue.

If you are still experiencing this issue please fill out this form and I will personally figure out what is going wrong.

(In this instance, I only need you to fill out the first two sections including osTicket Administrator Account. And then under Additional Instructions please add “New Reply icon missing” so I’ll know it is you).

• February 1, 2021 at 1:26 pm #7368
        N
        NIcholasjansen
        Participant

All done,

Are you using osTicket for that form? It’s a lot nicer then what osTicket allows haha.

• February 5, 2021 at 10:20 am #7391
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @NIcholasjansen,

Just a quick note to let you know that I have received your form submission and I will look into this soon.

• February 19, 2021 at 10:39 am #7443
      stevland
      Keymaster

Okay I have figured out what is going on.

You moved your Ticket Queue columns around, but my code changes did not anticipate that and was not flexible enough to accommodate it.

But the fix is very simple!

Open /include/staff/templates/queue-tickets.tmpl.php and look around line 335.

Change…

$( "div[style='font-weight:bold']" ).closest( "td" ).addClass( "new-reply-waiting" );

…to…

$( "div[style='font-weight:bold']" ).closest( "td.osta_ticket" ).addClass( "new-reply-waiting" );

…and you should now see the Reply Waiting icons. If not, clear your browser cache and try again.

Of course, I will also add this fix to all future 1.15.x releases.

To answer your other question, this website is built on WordPress and the form was built using the Gravity Forms plugin.

• September 20, 2021 at 6:23 pm #8232
      N
      NIcholasjansen
      Participant

Perfect, that did the trick! Nice work mate 🙂 

Much appreciated

• November 10, 2021 at 3:21 am #8672
      N
      NIcholasjansen
      Participant

Hi there, 

I have just updated to 1.15.4 and it appears this has happened again, alas the green ticket has disappeared 🙁 

I see the fix was integrated with the update but it doesn’t appear to be working.

• November 28, 2021 at 3:26 pm #8803
      N
      NIcholasjansen
      Participant

Can we get an update on this please?

• March 13, 2022 at 2:38 pm #9680
      N
      NIcholasjansen
      Participant

Can we please get an update on this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags