[Resolved] no annotation in admin / tickets / queue / colums

• September 1, 2020 at 11:45 am #6339
      J
      Julien
      Participant

Hello

I cannot find the annotation tab as described in osticket video for merging/link  ticket  after upgrade to awesome

osTicket-1.14.3-Awesome-101.zip

osticket :

annotation missing

• September 3, 2020 at 9:59 am #6392
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @Julien,

Thank you for taking the time to post those screenshots.

You are correct, the tab is missing… but this is intentional.

In osTicket 1.11 the way the Ticket Queue is rendered was revamped. This made a bunch of new options available to the end user, including the ability to add/ remove and reorder columns and create custom queues.

osTicket Awesome accommodates all of these features and makes further enhancements that we feel make the Ticket Queue more attractive, as well as responsive to mobile layouts.

Unfortunately, we can not accommodate the Annotations functionality. Rather than leaving that tab and potentially confusing our users, we hid it.

In case you don’t realize what it is that is missing, the Annotations functionality essentially allows the end user to make various icons appear in various columns of the Ticket Queue. For example, perhaps you don’t like were the “Ticket is Overdue” icon is displayed. You can move it to another column. You can add other icons that normally don’t appear in osTicket, such as a lock icon if the ticket is locked.

In the case of Linked and Merged tickets, we made provisions for these icons and hard-coded where they appear.

I hope you’ll agree that this is sufficient.

But if there is some other functionality that you wish was available in osTicket Awesome, I’d be curious to hear what that is.

Or, maybe you’re only intention was to give me a head’s up that something was missing. In which case, I simply could have answered

“This is intentional, but thank you.”  😉

• September 4, 2020 at 2:22 am #6423
      J
      Julien
      Participant

Hello

thanks for the detailed answer

In fact I was following the osticket video training to get the merged / linked icons but I can get them without doing all this staff (anotations) with awesome.

So that’s Ok for me (I don’t see other usage of anotation for the moment)

Regards

• September 4, 2020 at 7:21 pm #6433
      stevland
      Keymaster

@Julien,

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for letting me know.

The next time somebody points out that the Annotations tab is missing I will begin by letting them know that it isn’t necessary for Merged and Linked icons as we have already provisioned them in osTicket Awesome. 😉

• September 2, 2021 at 5:33 am #8090
      J
      JulienVDC
      Participant

Hey @stevland,

I was looking for that annotation tab too but read this thread so understood why it was removed 🙂

However I am interested in seeing the icon for the ticket source… Would this be something you’d consider adding in a future release?

Otherwise, any idea how I could get those icons/annotations back in?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags