[Resolved] OAuth2 plugin

• October 17, 2022 at 1:04 pm #12284
      I
      raaadmin
      Participant

osTicket v1.17 // osTicket-1.17-Awesome-102
      PHP 8.0.24 // MySQL 5.5.45 // Microsoft-IIS/10.0 web server

We upgraded from 1.15.x-Awesome 10x (I don’t have the exact config version handy, but all worked very well), based on the need to have OAuth2 for MS365. It wasn’t until we were unable to get OAuth2 to correctly configure the instance, and reviewed the “Supported Plugins”, we realized this isn’t supported on OSTA. We are currently moving over to the Vanilla install, in an attempt to see if this resolves the OAuth2 connectivity. We are also having issues with the LDAP only pulling ‘some’ of our employees, but the larger question is – what is the timeline for OSTA to bring OAuth2 into the supported list of plugins? 

• October 17, 2022 at 8:15 pm #12296
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @raaadmin,

The OAuth2 plugin is fully supported in osTicket v1.17 / osTicket-1.17-Awesome-102.

I don’t use it myself, but there were a handful of users who were anxiously awaiting this release to keep using the plugin, and I haven’t heard of any issues.

I suggest trying to configure it again.

• October 18, 2022 at 10:17 am #12362
      I
      raaadmin
      Participant

Thank you for the response. The FAQ section does not list this app, but one of our team members was able to resolve the issue, we are good now. 

• October 18, 2022 at 11:11 am #12365
      stevland
      Keymaster

Oops! It is listed, but as OpenID Authentication for Microsoft

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I’ll change it to…

OAuth2 (OAuth Authentication for Microsoft, Google, etc)

…to be more clear.

• October 25, 2022 at 4:53 am #12560
      Vincx
      Participant

There is another problem. If you check https://docs.osticket.com/en/latest/Guides/OAuth2%20Guide.html you see it can be configured for MS, Google or Other. But in OT-A there is no dropdown to select this, and it defaults to Google.

Vanilla OT:

OT-A:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.