[Resolved] ‘ost_ticket__cdata Table Missing’ after New Install of OSTA

• October 1, 2018 at 4:15 pm #2279
      T
      thomas.mccall
      Participant

Days-old install of OST.  Working fine.  Created many tickets, no issues or errors.

Install OST Awesome and get the following error message whenever I am in the Agent main menu and hover over a ticket’s priority:

[SELECT * FROM ost_ticket__cdata WHERE ticket_id = ‘8’]

Table ‘my_db.ost_ticket__cdata’ doesn’t exist

—- Backtrace —-

#0 (root)/include/mysqli.php(204): osTicket->logDBError(‘DB Error #1146’, ‘[SELECT * FROM …’)

#1 (root)/include/staff/templates/priority.tmpl.php(28): db_query(‘SELECT * FROM o…’)

#2 (root)/include/ajax.tickets.php(206): include(‘/home/me/…’)

#3 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(145): TicketsAjaxAPI->previewPriority(‘8’)

#4 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(38): UrlMatcher->dispatch(‘8/priority’, Array)

#5 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(120): Dispatcher->resolve(‘8/priority’, Array)

#6 (root)/include/class.dispatcher.php(38): UrlMatcher->dispatch(‘/tickets/8/prio…’, NULL)

#7 (root)/scp/ajax.php(264): Dispatcher->resolve(‘/tickets/8/prio…’)

#8 {main}

What could the cause of this be?  Iv’e seen search results suggest language settings (I’m using English and primary; Spanish as secondary) to the __cdata table being temporary and the script is bugging trying to find it.  What I haven’t seen is a fix.  Hopefully you guys can help me out.

• October 4, 2018 at 2:16 am #2290
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

Most likely is that the settings file located at \include\ost-config.php has been overwriten when you instaled OsT Awesome.

Have a look at it and set again your db name, db host, user and password  in there.

Rgrds,

• October 4, 2018 at 7:32 am #2294
      T
      thomas.mccall
      Participant

Unfortunately that is the first thing I checked.  Even though I followed the installation instructions to the letter – copying my original ost-config.php back into the \include directory post-installation – the bug is still present.  I have confirmed the ost-config.php is showing the proper credentials.

But I think I may have discovered smoke for this fire:  my database prefix is configured different from the prefix this file is looking for.

my ost-config.php file defines my table prefix as…

define('TABLE_PREFIX','ostxy_');

This is confirmed in my database tables… all of my database tables are prefixed ostxy.

And the bug in question specifically notes it is looking for ost_ticket__cdata, which I assume is a stock prefix.

• October 4, 2018 at 10:53 am #2298
      stevland
      Keymaster

@thomas.mccall

This is my first time encountering anyone using an alternate table prefix. I wonder why you guys decided to go with that? Anyway, it appears that osTicket itself can accommodate that but my sloppy less aware code cannot.

The fix should be simple enough, and I’ll bet you have already figured it out yourself.

Simply add the xy to all instances of ost_ticket__cdata. It only appears twice between two files:

\include\staff\templates\priority.tmpl.php
      \scp\priority.php

I’ll try to figure out how to call this table using the same method that the osTicket’s devs use. Hopefully I’ll have a fix integrated into the next release.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.