[Resolved] Plugins not working after update

• May 7, 2022 at 9:57 am #10233
      G
      NMITHelp
      Participant

Updated from 1.15.7 to 1.16.1.  If I have one plugin it will work correctly, however when adding another and trying to select it or go to the settings it will send me to the same one no matter which I choose.  

LDAP plugin and the filesystem attachment plugin are the only two I need, but I have tested with others. 

I tried just manually inserting the settings into the DB, but this doesn’t seem to work.  Even with the correct settings, LDAP and other plugins will break. 

It shows the name for the plugin in the spot, but the settings page for the other plugin as shown in the picture.

plugin issue?

The only file from the old version is the ost-config.php.

• May 9, 2022 at 2:49 am #10250

NMITHelp – having the exact same problem – even tried 16.2 no luck. Cannot progress with upgrading our live box until I can fix this. I did upgrade our xampp build to the latest version, import db as well – no luck.

• May 9, 2022 at 9:02 am #10257
      G
      NMITHelp
      Participant

Actually mine is a mistype.  I meant 1.16.2 also.  Thank you for confirming it isn’t just us.

• May 24, 2022 at 5:43 pm #10487
      stevland
      Keymaster

I can’t reproduce this issue in the demo, even if I install and enable the LDAP plugin.

If either of you guys would like me to investigate further I will need access to one of both of your installations.

Please submit this form.

• May 24, 2022 at 10:05 pm #10499

Good morning

Having had the same problem I found it was PHP 8.1 that was the issue – 1.16.x is currently not compatible with 8.1 so downgraded PHP to 8.0

Worked first time.

Thanks, Phil

• May 27, 2022 at 2:30 pm #10533
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thank you for the update, Phil.

We’ve seen at least a couple issues solved in this forum by simply downgrading to PHP 8.0. I’m going to have to remember to suggest that right away when these oddball issues arise.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.