Priority Colors

• May 5, 2018 at 8:37 pm #1201
      D
      laroccad
      Participant

Recently purchased osTicketAwesome and am really liking it so far, the appearance is much better than vanilla osTicket.

I do have a suggestion, although it is very small. The default colors for the Priorities seem to be in the incorrect order in my opinion.

The default color order is as follows: Emergency: RED, High: BLUE, Normal: Green, Low: DARK YELLOW

The normal colors that I (from the USA) would expect for priorities/urgency, would be as follows: Emergency: RED, High: DARK YELLOW, Normal: Green, Low: BLUE

If you Google “color priorities” or for a more direct example “homeland security colors” BLUE is almost always representative of a lower priority than YELLOW/DARK YELLOW

Again this is a very small suggestion, but just something that stuck out to me

• June 6, 2018 at 1:52 am #1265
      S
      aeromarine
      Participant

+1 I completely agree. it’s by far a lot more intuitive.

• June 6, 2018 at 12:18 pm #1269
      stevland
      Keymaster

I see your point, @laroccad.

The color scheme that I’ve used still makes sense to me, and yet I can’t think of any way to justify it. Meanwhile, you have presented a solid case for the red to blue scheme. I see that it is also used in Mexico.

You win. I will update the color scheme at some point. Thanks for the feedback.

• July 15, 2018 at 7:48 pm #1521
      stevland
      Keymaster

I revamped the Priority Colors in the latest release, available as of yesterday. 

• July 15, 2018 at 7:48 pm #1523
      stevland
      Keymaster

I revamped the Priority Colors in the latest release, available as of yesterday. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.