[Resolved] Saving any theme settings doesn’t work

• April 24, 2018 at 2:37 pm #1067
      district6
      Participant

Just purchased the theme today and installed it on a fresh installation.

Debian 8

Tried both Apache and Nginx – Same result

You are running PHP 5.6.33-0+deb8u1 with MySQL 5.5.60 on nginx/1.6.2 web server.

I’m unable to change any settings of the theme regardless of browser.  I tried it in Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.  When you hit any of the save buttons, the page just refreshes and the settings aren’t saved.  I haven’t found a workaround for this.

• April 24, 2018 at 2:48 pm #1071
      A
      City of Alton
      Participant

I’ve had the same issue you have had as well.  My forum post has been up for four weeks with no response to any of my concerns.  I am not sure if the developers are just that busy trying to fix all of the errors or not.  However, I was able to find a work around for the issue you are having, by editing a .txt file.  For me in was in the installation path>upload>osta>css>themes  the .txt you want to edit is selected.txt  in there you add what ever theme you chose IE Earth or ICE or Custom.  If you choose Custom, you will need to edit the custom.css file with your color codes you want for each section.

Mine was on a windows server 2012 machine, but the folders and files should be the same.

I hope this helps,

-Adam

• April 24, 2018 at 2:50 pm #1075
      district6
      Participant

Thanks Adam for the heads up.  I will see about editing that file.  I hope the developer is reading the forum threads.  It would be great to get this resolved soon.

• April 25, 2018 at 6:44 am #1079
      district6
      Participant

Hi Adam.  I figured out the problem.  When you overwrite the original files with the them files, I needed to change ownership of the files again.  I ran this:

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/osticket

This corrected the issue.  Now things can be adjusted and saved.  I hope this helps.

• April 25, 2018 at 6:59 am #1081
      A
      City of Alton
      Participant

Ownership to “who”?  The files are all owned by “Administrator” but then I am Windows based.

• April 25, 2018 at 7:17 am #1085
      district6
      Participant

I wish I could be more helpful, but I’m not too familiar with IIS.  It’s either file ownership or file permissions. 

• April 26, 2018 at 8:15 am #1093
      A
      City of Alton
      Participant

You were correct it was a permission issue.  Now I can make the changes, but in IE the site looks….bare.  In Chrome its fine.  Months ago, there was rumors of v1.3 release in a few days.  Again, that was months ago.

• April 30, 2018 at 10:16 am #1154
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi guys,

I’m sorry for the delay in responding here.

As you are likely aware, the new version (v1.3) is now available.

district6 thank you for posting your solution. In your case it appears that you must have uploaded the files as another user (perhaps root?), thus the permissions issue.

It is worth mentioning to anyone else who is reading this that the chown -R command that fixes this problem will need to be tailored specifically to each person’s website username and file path to their osTicket installation.

City of Alton did you manage to correct the permissions issue on your IIS server? If you did, I would be very curious to know how you managed to do so! I do not have any experience with IIS. I actually rented an IIS server recently and tried to figure out how to work with permissions, but I failed to learn anything new. 🙁

I’m sorry but osTicket Awesome has not supported IE since version 1.9.12. There are many reasons for this which have already been discussed in this forum (simply search for ‘IE’). 

• April 30, 2018 at 10:45 am #1157
      A
      City of Alton
      Participant

stevland LIVES!!!!

First, I will search for IE in forums

Second, Yes I was able to correct the IIS issue.  It was not as bad of an issue as I thought, and it was all about permissions.

Open IIS > Application Pools > find the website right click Advanced Settings > Identity needs to be ApplicationPoolIdentity > OK

Under sites Right click your site > Manage Website > Advanced Settings > Application Pool needs to be DefaultAppPool > OK

Right click on your site again > Edit Permissions > Security > Edit > Add > From This Location needs to be the local machine.

Object name is IIS AppPool\DefaultAppPool when you click check name it should correct to DefaultAppPool. Grant it full rights. Go to the ost-config.php and change that one file to deny write access. If you don’t then when you are in admin side osTicket will pop a message requesting you do so.

If this is confusing let me know and I can try to be more specific lol.

• April 30, 2018 at 11:25 am #1161
      stevland
      Keymaster

I’m alive!!!! LOL

Thank you so much for the instructions. I will pass them along to the next IIS user with a permissions issue. IIS is so very different from Apache — I would never have figured out that solution!

• November 27, 2018 at 11:50 pm #2583

Hey,

I need help concerning this issue I think, here’s my topic Link.

Thank you

• March 22, 2019 at 7:30 am #3339
      C
      ITSupport
      Participant

EDIT: Ignore the <br/> html. I cannot figure out why it keeps adding those in my post.

I think I may have fixed this (using apache). Along with the setting of the permissions to www-data, I also restructured the custom.css file.

Originally it looked like this:

`:root {<br />
      –header-bg:<br />
      #5f5f5f;<br />
      –header-title-color:<br />
      #ffffff;<br />
      –nav-bar-bg:<br />
      #c82222;<br />
      –nav-bar-link:<br />
      #ffffff;<br />
      –stickybar:<br />
      #5f5f5f;<br />
      –mobile-menu-bg:<br />
      #e3e3e4;<br />
      –mobile-link-color:<br />
      #5f5f5f;<br />
      }`

I simply removed the carriage returns to look like this:

`:root {<br />
      –header-bg:#5f5f5f;<br />
      –header-title-color:#ffffff;<br />
      –nav-bar-bg:#c82222;<br />
      –nav-bar-link:#ffffff;<br />
      –stickybar:#5f5f5f;<br />
      –mobile-menu-bg:#e3e3e4;<br />
      –mobile-link-color:#5f5f5f;<br />
      }`

Now the Create a Custom theme part of the settings works properly for me.

I hope this helps you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.