[Resolved] Sidebar Missing After 1.17.5 Upgrade

• November 19, 2023 at 5:31 am #18897
      S
      servo
      Participant

Hi, 

I recently upgraded to version 1.17.5, but I’m encountering an issue with the sidebar—it’s not displaying on both the client and staff sides. Upon inspecting the console, I identified an error that seems to be the cause of the sidebar not showing.

This issue is critical for our operations, and I would greatly appreciate any assistance in resolving it promptly. Can someone please help me investigate and address this matter?

Your prompt attention to this concern is crucial, and I thank you in advance for your support.

• November 19, 2023 at 8:38 am #18904
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @servo,

I apologized for the inconvenience. 

The truth is that I don’t test 1.17.x versions as rigorously because very few people download it. Most users stick to the latest stream—which currently is 1.18.x—and that is what I recommend to use.

Having said that, I should have caught this issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will need to prepare a osTicket Awesome for osTicket 1.17.5 (Revision 2) release to address this. So please standby for that (I will update this forum entry when it is ready) or consider upgrading to osTicket Awesome for osTicket 1.18.1 (Revision 1).

• November 19, 2023 at 4:23 pm #18907
      S
      servo
      Participant

Hi Stev, 

Thank you for your quick response.

Unfortunately, we’re unable to implement version 1.18 due to its dependency on PHP 8.1, which we currently cannot apply.

In the interim, could you please share the patch with us once you checked it? This would allow us to manually update the necessary code while you’re working with the 1.17.5 Revision  2.

Thank you!

• November 20, 2023 at 6:43 pm #18939
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi servo,

Fair enough. Sorry again for the oversight. 

osTicket Awesome for osTicket 1.17.5 (Revision 2) is now ready on the Downloads page.

• November 28, 2023 at 10:21 pm #19047
      S
      servo
      Participant

Hi Stev,

Thank you for the update. 

• December 2, 2023 at 3:58 pm #19084
      S
      servo
      Participant

Hi Stev, 

We are able to confirm that navigation is already showing in Revision 2. 

However we are facing a problem in downloading file from the ticket. I noticed that it redirects to file.php?key= and not proceeding to Amazon S3 file link like it used to. It shows error 500.

Thanks.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.