[Resolved] TABS no longer work with templaet

• May 22, 2023 at 7:21 pm #16889
      Michael Bonza
      Participant

In the original theme, the user can in order to complete a ticket or respond.  With osTicketAwesome tabs do not work.  when they do they do not go in order of the inputs on the form. 

Search canned responses, original user can click canned response and the cursor goes to the search board.  the user can start typing to search.  With this template, the user had to grab the mouse and click in the search board to search.

• October 19, 2023 at 3:35 pm #18500
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Michael,

I feel you. It is also a pet peeve of mine when applications don’t support keyboard navigation.

Having said that, I made a form over function design decision years ago when building osTicket Awesome.

Design is all about trying to have control over details, and the fact is that the functionality that allows you to see what field is in focus is implemented differently in every browser; and the only thing that remains consistent through every browser is that it always looks ugly.

Therefore, I eventually figured out how to neuter it.

What I have done now for you is I have tried to figure out all the lines of CSS I used to neuter it, and segregated all of that code into one section.

If you open /osta/css/staff-desktop.css and replace its contents with the contents of this Pastebin, you can then scroll to the bottom of the file and delete the section titled, “SUPRESS BROSWER OUTLINE”.

Once you save it you should find that the TAB functionality you seek will work as you expect. You may have to clear your browser cache.

And when you upgrade osTicket Awesome in the future you will have to open staff-desktop.css and delete that section again.

I may eventually add this as an Accessibility option in the Theme section.

Search canned responses, original user can click canned response and the cursor goes to the search board. 

I couldn’t figure out what you’ve tried to say here. If it still feels important feel free to give me directions on how to find the area you are referring to, or perhaps a link (e.g. /scp/canned.php)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.