[Resolved] Text " hi" appended to Mobile Site Link

• March 24, 2022 at 9:49 am #9776
      B
      abtchurch
      Participant

osTicket v1.16.1 // osTicket-1.16.1-Awesome-101
      PHP 8.0.13 // MySQL 5.7.36 // Apache web server

Getting everything set up and branded with our new osTicket Awesome installation, but I’m having an issue with the Support Center link generated at the bottom of the mobile menu in the admin center. I see where to edit the text and enter the link (Theme Options > Custom Text & Links) but the issue is that the link I enter there always has additional text added to the end when published that I can’t remove. The text being added is ” hi” which results in a 404 error, as that page doesn’t exist. 

This issue seems to only occur on the admin side. The link appears without any issues (ie. without ” hi” appended to the link) on the client side.

My guess is something in the code? Any idea where that link is generated so I can continue to troubleshoot? I’ve been poking around the files but don’t easily see where that line of code lives.

TIA

• March 26, 2022 at 3:08 am #9787
      N
      nandor
      Participant

You can customize or remove the “Welcome” text manually here: \upload\osta\inc\staff-mobile-menu.html
      Link remove here in browser: yoursupporturl.com/scp/theme.php#text-links

• March 28, 2022 at 1:17 pm #9815
      B
      abtchurch
      Participant

Thanks! That’s where the error in the code was. In staff-mobile-menu.html the code renders ” hi” after the mobile link, thus invalidating the link for any and all staff logged into the system. Definitely a bug that needs to be corrected.

• May 3, 2022 at 2:40 pm #10180
      stevland
      Keymaster

I just figured this out myself. Thanks for the diligent sleuthing, guys!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.