[In Progress] Theme Changing Itself

• November 9, 2023 at 6:34 am #18771

We have set a custom Color Theme and Custom CSS which keep getting switched off. We have to log into the site and go to the themes page and re-enable the custom color theme and custom CSS. We ensure the changes are saved.

Within a matter of hours the theme goes back to the default and the Custom CSS is switched off.

What would be causing this?

• November 9, 2023 at 7:19 am #18778
      stevland
      Keymaster

I have a vague recollection of something similar plauging a customer for weeks. It ended up being the result of caching software on his server (intended to speed up his main website).

Even that seems impossible to me, but it’s the only possible cause I can think of.

Here is something you can try. After configuring your theme settings rename /include/staff/theme.inc.php.

Renaming it will make it inaccessible.

Thus you’ve ruled out that a human or process is reverting the settings by interacting with the webpage.

If the settings revert it means that a human or process is somehow interacting with your database.

At least then you’ll be a bit closer to figuring out the cause.

Please let me know what you determine.

• November 9, 2023 at 8:08 am #18781

Thank you. I’ve tried renaming theme.inc.php and let’s see what happens.

We do have various layers of caching but not sure how that would affect this?

Jeremy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.