[In Progress] Ticket cannot be created because of required fields

• December 2, 2022 at 4:42 am #13905

Hi There,

i’m currently encountering a Problem where I set up a new Help Topic with some Custom Fields that are required. When submitting the ticket for the first time, an error message “Ticket cannot be created, correct all errors and try again” appears and all entries in the fields are deleted. All fields that are “required” are filled in and yet the ticket cannot be created. At the second attempt it works without problems.

• December 2, 2022 at 1:52 pm #13945
      stevland
      Keymaster

If you press SHIFT + O on your keyboard you will find yourself using the same database / Help Topic, but in the vanilla osTicket environment.

What happens when you attempt the same thing using regular osTicket? Do you still need to submit the Help Topic twice?

• December 4, 2022 at 11:20 pm #14078

Hi Stevland,

i just tested it, and i can submit the Ticket without a Problem.
      So i assume it has something to do with the theme.. I’m sorry

• January 16, 2023 at 12:34 am #14662

Hi There,

are there any updates on this Topic?

Cheers

• January 26, 2023 at 10:38 pm #14884
      Reinier Nissen
      Participant

Hi. I am facing the same problem. Unfortunately i had to rollback to the old UI until this is resolved, since we rely a lot on ticket submission through the portal. Any updates on the progress of this?

• January 30, 2023 at 11:53 am #14941
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi lizenz,

I’m sorry for the super late reply.

I’ll need to take a look.

Please complete sections 1 and 2 of this form.

And in section 7 kindly add some instructions to help me reproduce the issue.

@reinierstuptech-com
      you can do the same, if you wish. Hopefully we can sort this out quickly.

• January 30, 2023 at 12:54 pm #14948
      Reinier Nissen
      Participant

Hi @stevland
      We had to rollback to stock OST, since this issue was affecting our work-flow.
      Hopefully @lizenz can provide the information you need.
      Unless you would like to check out our environment anyway, with the stock v1.17.2 version.

Also, i did a bit more investigation on this. When I made all the fields non-required, it seemed to have solved the problem, but it didn’t. On the user-side, it looked like it went all good, but on the ticket, it was actually all blank.

Here is one of the tickets that was submited while awesome was enabled:

You can see all items in the form are empty.

Also, i was able to replicate the same issue running on a development environment on my PC, with an export of our database.

It seems to happen sporadically, (maybe 30% of the time) and nothing is shown in the logs.

• March 14, 2023 at 11:32 am #15555
        Reinier Nissen
        Participant

Hi @stevland

I have just noticed that this bug seems to also happen on stock osticket 1.17.2
        It happens a LOT less frequent though. I opened about 20 tickets in my test environment and only one of them seemed to have the problem, where the form fields are all submited as empty.
        With OSTAwesome, it happens a lot more frequent. (Like 1 in every 3 tickets).

• March 6, 2023 at 2:37 pm #15445
      Reinier Nissen
      Participant

Any updates on this? its been over a month…

• March 7, 2023 at 12:34 am #15448

Hi Mr. Niessen,

unfortunately i can’t provide the Information that is necessary, because our Ticket-system is only accessible within our Company-Network.

@Stevland
      is there any other possibility to review this bug without accessing our Systems?

• March 9, 2023 at 12:05 pm #15508
      S
      pifane
      Participant

I have the same issue.

• March 9, 2023 at 12:19 pm #15514
    • March 15, 2023 at 6:10 am #15585
      S
      pifane
      Participant

Osticket 1.17.3 have been released.

https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket/releases/tag/v1.17.3

It might fix the issue?

• April 17, 2023 at 8:40 am #16262
      B
      bmerz
      Participant

We ran into the same issue.  The screen is referencing the incorrect jquery version.  You can temporarily hit f12 on the screen to get into developer mode and see the 2 404 errors for jquery.  Go into the js folder and make copies of the query files and rename the copies to match the 404 error names.

• May 11, 2023 at 3:45 am #16743
      D
      Dominik SEDLÁK
      Participant

The problem remains, plus the inability to add an attachment in the end-user form. Unable from file picker, or DnD.

• May 24, 2023 at 7:24 am #16939
        D
        Dominik SEDLÁK
        Participant

My problem was solved by uploading these jquery libraries. With a clean install it cannot work.

• May 29, 2023 at 9:12 am #16983

Hi,

Same problem here, after every login the ticket fails, the fields are emptied and the user has to start all over again

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.