[Resolved] Ticket Created from Thread Entry Starting to Happen Automatically

• June 8, 2023 at 8:34 am #17141
      S
      Stephen@EhOS
      Participant

For about the last week we have been seeing tickets randomly show the “Ticket Created from Thread Entry” record in some tickets.  It is showing an actual ticket number that does indeed exist but it wasn’t created by any of the technicians.  In fact it shows the “System” user did this.  I found an old support forum thread in the OSTicket website where ntozier mentioned that the “System” account shouldn’t be allowed / be doing this and only technicians can created new tickets from existing threads, so I am not too sure what is going on there (https://forum.osticket.com/d/93677-ticket-created-from-thread-entry).  Like I said, it just started happening for the last 5 or so days I would say and we have been on the same version of OSTicket for a few months now and no configuration changes have taken place either.

• June 8, 2023 at 8:35 am #17144
      S
      Stephen@EhOS
      Participant

• June 8, 2023 at 8:35 am #17146
      S
      Stephen@EhOS
      Participant

• June 8, 2023 at 8:36 am #17148
      S
      Stephen@EhOS
      Participant

• October 19, 2023 at 5:20 pm #18525
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Stephen,

That is extremely odd, and rather unnerving I’m sure.

I would be happy to provide an answer if I had any idea what is going on. But as you probably realize it is extremely unlikely — whatever is going on — that it is a glitch introduced by osTicket Awesome.

Your best bet is to continue looking for solutions in the osTicket Forum or GitHub page.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.