[Resolved] Ticket-Thread opacity of messages breaks z-index of entry-dropdown

• May 24, 2019 at 1:58 am #4240
      I
      IT Support
      Participant

Hi,

in staff-desktop.css is an animation (bounceIn) for messages (see line “#msg_info, #msg_notice, #msg_warning, #msg_error, .success-banner, .notice-banner”). These messages appear at the end of a ticket thread prior to the reply-section. Now, when there is such a message and you have a one-liner notice / answer above AND it is yours, you get 3 (instead of 2 options) in the entry dropdown: edit, create ticket, create task. Since the animated message gets opacity of 1 and has no position flag (so it’s static), it seems to break all z-indexes so that you can’t click on the last entry in the dropdown list. 

To make it more visible I changed opacity to 0.5 and made a screenshot from the staff demo. 

I just removed the whole animation and we can live without it. Maybe you want to fix that in the next release…

• May 26, 2019 at 8:46 pm #4242
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thank you for the report. I can’t figure out what steps to take in order to reproduce this glitch. Do you run into this very often?

• May 27, 2019 at 8:29 am #4247
      I
      IT Support
      Participant
      1. Go into a Ticket and produce anything that leads to a message at the end of a ticket thread. For instance, assign it to anybody so that there appears the message “Ticket is assigned to xy”
      2. After assigning the Ticket, just add an internal note with only one line of text <br />
        Now your one line of inernal note should be directly above the message “Ticket is assigned to xy”
      3. Now use the internal note to create a new task from it. Therefor, you open the small dropdown menu on the right.

Since the message “Ticket is assigned to xy” has an opacity = 1 (and position = static) it seems to break all z-indexes. So you can’t create a task from the note, because it’s behind the message. That’s it. 

I can’t say if it happed “very often”. I removed the animation. There is just a small amount of agents using osTicket here so far and they all use the “Create task” from a thread entry quiet often. It’s hard to say how often it wasn’t possible because of an animated message breaking the z-index…

• May 27, 2019 at 3:46 pm #4259
      stevland
      Keymaster

I really appreciate the detailed instructions. I now see what you are referring to. It is an odd one. Short of removing the animation as you’ve suggested, I can’t figure out a fix just yet. The next release is (hopefully) dropping today, but I’ll keep working on a fix for this one.

• July 2, 2019 at 3:21 pm #4752
      stevland
      Keymaster

I finally found a fix for this! It will be included in osTicket-1.12-Awesome-105.

Thanks again for the detailed report.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.