[Resolved] Upgrade from OsTicket with active OAuth-client to OsTicket Awesome

• December 11, 2023 at 7:47 am #19207
      Koen Degraeve
      Participant

Hello

I’m new here… 
      I installed and configured OsTicket a while ago. I also added the plugin OAuth to log in with a Microsoft account. I discovered OsTicket Awesome only a few days ago and now I am wondering if the configuration of the OAuth plugin will continue to work after the transfer from OsTicket to OsTicket Awesome?

Kind regards

Koen

• December 11, 2023 at 8:14 am #19210
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Koen,

osTicket Awesome fully supports the OAuth plugin, but that’s not exactly what you asked.

You’re wondering if the plugin will continue to work after migrating to osTicket Awesome without any further intervention.

That is a good question, and unfortunately I don’t know the answer. I haven’t used OAuth myself in years.

But I would assume that all of its settings are stored in osTicket’s database, which will remain the same.

If you follow the instructions, the URL for your installation will remain the same as well. So that shouldn’t be a problem, either.

And, given that the subject of OAuth arises so rarely in this forum, I would guess that it requires minimal fuss—if any—after migrating.

The only additional advise I can think of would be to go into the plugin settings before migrating and record / screenshot all of your configurations, just in case you run into any issues.

I hope this helps!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.