[Resolved] Upgrade Procedure

• May 12, 2019 at 7:45 pm #4139
      D
      mscfadmin
      Participant

About to do my osTicket 1.11 > 1.12 upgrade and wanted to check in here first. I just had a quick question about the upgrade procedure. Do I just do everything the same as a fresh install onto a fresh osTicket? Meaning I backup, upgrade osTicket, make a copy of the folder, then drop in the awesome files.

I wasn’t sure if the theme settings and what not were stored in some files that were going to get overwritten, or if they were stored in the DB somewhere. 

• May 12, 2019 at 9:48 pm #4140
      stevland
      Keymaster

1.11 to 1.12 is a very straightforward upgrade.

1. Assuming your osTicket Awesome installation is in a directory named /support, rename it to /support-backup.
      2. Upload the the 1.12 /upload folder, rename it to /support.
      3. Copy over your /support-backup/include/ost-config.php file from  to /support/include/.

The upgrade is complete but unfortunately any osTicket Awesome settings will have to be manually recreated.

Incidentally the next release will move all settings into the database to simplify things going forward.

• May 12, 2019 at 10:03 pm #4141
      D
      mscfadmin
      Participant

so, to be clear, i don’t even do the normal osTicket upgrade? just use the awesome files and I’m good?

• May 13, 2019 at 1:01 pm #4145
      stevland
      Keymaster

Yup.

Upgrading from 1.9.x to 1.10.x required a database upgrade. As did upgrading from 1.10.x to 1.11. In both cases an osTicket Awesome user would need to upgrade osTicket itself.

1.11 to 1.12, however, does not require a database upgrade.

• May 23, 2019 at 1:43 pm #4233
      G
      post@mpm.edu
      Participant

To hopefully save someone from the confusion I was having:

I believe stevland is saying that there is no need to download or install OsTicket v1.12.  Simply installing Osticket Awesome version 1.12 will bring the corrections / features of  the new version of osTicket.   

• May 23, 2019 at 3:40 pm #4234
      stevland
      Keymaster

@post@mpm.edu,

If you are coming from osTicket or osTicket Awesome v.1.11 you can simply install osTicket Awesome v1.12.x.

If you are coming from osTicket or osTicket Awesome v.1.10.x, you need to upgrade osTicket itself before you can install osTicket Awesome v.1.12.x.

I hope this is somewhat more clear.

If not, let me what version you are currently running and I will tell you exactly what to do.

• September 21, 2020 at 1:12 pm #6803
      stevland
      Keymaster

Please note that we now have complete step-by-step walkthroughs available for all upgrade scenarios in our Installation Instructions pages.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags